Prologue

"John Holmes, former  Good Will & Intuition CEO, has announced his retirement early this week according to the media. The forty six year old man, who brought a great amount of earnings to the medical field, has been also placed under the spotlight for his divorce with still CEO of the fashion industry, Quincy Evans. Despise affair rumors, Evans shuts down all allegations. Could it be true that the affair was the other way around? Ms. Evans has not confirmed closed partnership with former model Bryce Enderson, but the media believes-"  The loud television was shut down by the control remote with a high buzz. 

John Holmes, 'former CEO of Good Will & Intuition', scoffed at such news. The man brought a warm glass half-filled with whiskey up to his chapped lips. He drowned the harsh alcohol and placed down the glass gently back in its place. Looking around his apartment in a longing way, his fingertips pressed against the table by his door, he smiled one last time at the empty four walls. After so many years of marriage and living together in such simplicity, they had lost their flame. The reporter's voice echoed in his head, the way the information got twisted and blown out of proportion. The married couple had spent twenty three years in happiness, but they had fallen out of love and rather than cheat and keep secrets that hurt one another, they ended things. John knew Quincy did have an interest in one of her models, he just did not want to face it. 

So John moved. He filled divorce papers, looked for an opposite location from which he had been living in, retired and packed his bags. They both agreed they could still share their apartment, with prior notification of course. An apartment in New York with both their names on it which could serve them as an escape later on. John took his hand away from the table, grabbing his jacket and baggage before exiting the structure. 

With a tinge of nostalgia and a sense of relief, he pressed on the elevator button. Sure to say he was at peace with himself and finally excited to leave New York City to start in a simpler way.