FOD Chap 15.8

Chapter 15.8

In order to ensure Qi Jin Yu's safety, Zhao Bi Xuan not only tried to persuade Zhou Yun Sheng to send him a few capable ministers and guards, she also secretly sent a messenger to deliver a letter to Yu Guo Duchy, entreating Zhao Xuan for help, saying that for the sake of their childhood friendship, he should lend a few of the elite troops he brought back from the Northwest to Qi Jin Yu.

When they'd opened the city gates for them, the Northwest Army, covered in blood and surrounded by a dangerous atmosphere, had almost scared the common people who'd come out to welcome them to death. In the past, it's not that the Da Qi army has never had a victory, it's just that after victory, the capital would often be very lively, anticipating the troops' triumphant return the imperial court, the people would cheer and applause, wishing they could push the people in front of them aside to get a better view of the soldiers. The girls would hide in the restaurants along the streets, tossing flowers, fruits, and other objects to the troops, a few bold ones would even throw their brocade purses and embroidered handkerchiefs at the Generals ridding upfront, hoping they would glance over at them. However, the return of Zhao Xuan's army was a special case, as soon as the city gates opened, the officers in charge of defending the walls almost stumbled at the strong smell of blood. It was not just their bodies that were stained, it was as if the bloody smell was attached to their souls, only soldiers experienced in numerous massacres and soaked in the blood of countless people could have such a bitingly cold aura.

The citizens' anticipatory cheers gradually faded, the girls hiding in the restaurants hurriedly pulled closed the bamboo curtains, scared white. After that day, Zhao Xuan's army gained a nickname – Tiger Wolf Army, because whether it was him, or the soldiers under his command, they gave off the genuine feeling of fierce tigers and hungry wolves. Don't say the Northwest's barbarian tribes were not his opponents, even if the three other major armies worked together, they couldn't even pose a small threat to the Northwest Army.

The Emperor didn't dare move against Zhao Xuan, because he was afraid of the Northwest Army's power. Zhao Bi Xuan was well aware of her older brother's ability, before, she relied on the favor he owed her to use him without worry, until she needed to beseech him, and became aware that she was over stepping her boundaries. She was an inner palace woman, and the Emperor's beloved woman, she naturally shouldn't have access to Zhao Xuan, but her sweetheart still needed his help.

Zhao Bi Xuan's heart was filling with regret when she realized, she was the Emperor's most beloved woman, whether it was the Wen Yuan March or the Yu Gou Duchy, their futures were in the palm of her hand. So, she was Zhao Xuan's biggest benefactor, she shouldn't be afraid of offending Zhao Xuan, Zhao Xuan should fear offending her. Zhao Bi Xuan's increasing arrogance spread from the depths of her heart to her beautiful face, picking out the most beautiful camellia from the bouquet arranged on the table with her long nail guards, she gave a self-satisfied smile.

"Consider my childhood friendship with Qi Jin Yu? Qi Jin Yu's a prince, he grew up in the palace, what kind of friendship do we have? What does it matter to me if he lives or dies? Did your Lady take leave of her senses? What I want to ask her is- she's just an inner palace woman, why does she care so much about Qi Jin Yu? Could this be a case of adultery? Being a promiscuous palace woman is a major crime, go back and report to your Lady, if she continues to behave so frivolously, be careful of being granted poisoned wine or three feet of white silk, her death will not be an easy one." Zhao Xuan lift up a brush and wrote down his response on paper, his expression was extremely gentle, but his words were knife sharp.

The chamberlain Zhao Bi Xuan sent nodded, deeply terrified. In fact, he had always been very confused by Hui Yi Imperial Consort's actions, she was clearly already the Emperor's most beloved woman, in all of Da Qi, only the Empress Dowager could suppress her, and as soon as the Empress Dowager passes on, she would become the country's highest ranked woman in name and in reality. After she gave birth, the Emperor suggested setting the child up as heir to the throne when he was barely two months old, this kind of pampering to a favored concubine was unprecedented. Hui Yi Imperial Consort just has to casually mention it, and the Emperor will give her all the treasures in the world, how can she be dissatisfied? Why is she involving herself with the Gong Prince?