FOD Chap 15.9

Chapter 15.9

The news that Zhao Ji Dong was hacked to death, and the Gong Prince was slashed was quickly sent back to the capital. In order to make up for his inability, the Southwest Governor sent troops to chase down and annihilate the bandits, holding fast to the principle of 'better to mistakenly kill 1000 innocents than let one criminal get away', he also intended to wipe out all the villagers who lived near the bandit den. But just as the task began, a group of black-dressed men showed up and defeated the soldiers, making them flee in disgrace. The Southwest people suffered years of famine, but still had to pay high taxes, fattening the dog Southwest officials, but all they got in exchange was a ruthless massacre. Even a clay doll was still made from earth, not to mention, the Southwest citizens were very sturdy.

It's unknown who incited it, but the people picked up their hoes and machetes, planning to overthrow Da Qi. From a few hundred people at first, it slowly grew into tens of thousands of people, they attacked cities every night, killing the local officials and local crime bosses, taking over the farmlands. The Southwest Governor wanted to extinguish the fire, but he unexpectedly poured gasoline over it, nonetheless, whatever the circumstances, he'd still be made to take responsibility. After dispatching an envoy to send word to the capital, he sliced his own throat that very night. After he died, the chaotic Southwest officialdom was even more disorganized, some officials followed the governor and suicided, some officials packed up their valuables and fled throughout the night, and other officials locked their doors and wrote resignation letters, not one person dared to stand up and contain the mass uprising.

By the time Zhou Yun Sheng received the reports, the Southwest people had already started a mutiny throughout the state, in a short time, they assembled hundreds of thousands of troops, and were stationing themselves on the Southwest's border. Zhou Yun Sheng exploded into anger, almost smashing the imperial table, then he organized troops to go suppress the chaos, and announced that he would go to the Southwest to deal with the matter.

The noblemen didn't stand a chance over there, let alone the Emperor of the country. If the Emperor met with any mishap, Da Qi would plunge into complete chaos. The courtiers knelt and beseeched, but they couldn't stop the Emperor's rage. Zhou Yun Sheng picked out Zhao Xuan, Luo Zhen and several other ministers to accompany him, ordered a few senior courtiers to stay behind and supervise the capital, then dismissed the imperial court.

The Empress Dowager quickly invited him to Ci Ning Palace, and entreated him with swollen red eyes, "Your Majesty, although I'm not your natural mother, search your heart, from since you were small, have I ever treated you unfairly? When the former Emperor died, I used all my strength to help you ascend the throne, if you have to remember anything, shouldn't this kindness always be remembered? My Jin Yu is now suffering in the Southwest, you have to bring him back at all costs. I'm begging you!"

In just over a year, the Emperor completely wiped out all the power she'd accumulated over decades, even if she suspected that her son's difficulties were the Emperor's doing, she didn't dare accuse him. If he took offense, she might never even get to see her son's corpse.

"Be at ease Mother Empress, I will certainly bring him back safely." Zhou Yun Sheng promised, inwardly sighing for Qi Jin Yu's stubborn hold on life, even Zhao Xuan's shadow guards couldn't easily kill him, he truly proved himself to be the fate of the world's son.

Zhao Bi Xuan received news of her brother's death and the Gong Prince's serious injury and immediately fainted. Her head maid risked her life to slip out of Ci Ning Palace's temple and stopped the Emperor outside of Yang Xin palace, begging him to visit the Imperial Consort.

"It's already done, but for the sake of Zhao Ji Dong's self-sacrifice for the country, the Imperial Consort's house arrest will be dissolved. Go, take your Imperial Consort back to Feng Yi Palace." Zhou Yun Sheng nonchalantly flicked his sleeves. He didn't express even the slightest pity, let alone show any intention to go comfort the Imperial Consort in Feng Yi Palace.