FOD Chap 15.12

Chapter 15.12

Zhou Yun Sheng was sitting at his desk, many memorials spread before him, his expression resembled the gloom of approaching storm clouds, hearing the chamberlain announce Duke Yu Gou's presence, he immediately commanded, "Let him in."

Zhao Xuan half kneeled in ceremony, and was about to report on the matter of Zhao Bi Xuan poisoning the dishes, when thrown memorials smacked into his face.

Zhou Yun Sheng spit out a turbid breath and shouted, "Pick them up and look!"

Zhao Xuan picked up the memorials and slowly read, his expression didn't look the slightest bit panic. These were memorials sent by courtiers asking to impeach him, some said that he colluded with foreigners to insight rebellions, others said that he was corrupt, he embezzled military funds and forged military achievements, furthermore, he smuggled salt, iron and other prohibited goods beyond the Great Wall, if every charge was true, he would be worthy of execution by death of a thousand cuts hundreds of times.

"Duke Yu Guo, do you have anything to say?" Zhou Yun Sheng raised his jaw, his tranquil voice not revealing either delight or fury. Of these impeachment memorials, more than half were true, and some were frames, but even if you removed the portion with framed evidence, Zhao Xuan could still be charged with the mortal crime of plotting a rebellion. His reputation in the Northwest was far above imperial power, the Northwest people only knew about a Northwest King, they didn't recognize the Emperor. But Zhou Yun Sheng really didn't care about these, he called Zhao Xuan over today purely just to play with him.

Don't ask him for a reason, this animal always kidnapped and played with him whenever he had free time, he was just learning from him.

Zhao Xuan finished reading the memorials and cupped his hands, "Replying to the Emperor, this small official has no rebuttal, only this word, this small official's loyalty to the Emperor is as large as the heavens, the sun and the moon can witness. If I have a rebellious heart, may I be split open by a bolt of lightning and be unable to die peacefully!"

"Oh? You really don't have an insubordinate heart?" Zhou Yun Sheng walked up to his side and stared at the top of his dark hair.

"No." Zhao Xuan unhesitantly replied.

"You've never done anything worthy of my pardon?" Zhou Yun Sheng asked, then immediately felt that his words held some ambiguity, and he couldn't help but awkwardly cough.

"Never." Zhao Xuan lifted his eyes and quickly glanced at the Emperor's face. How could he feel sorry for that? He was so in love with him, he hated that he couldn't pull out his heart to show him.

You fucking kidnapped me so many times, you dare say no so self-confidently? Zhou Yun Sheng was itching to point at his nose and curse him out, but he held back. Stretching out his hand, he gripped his jaw and lifted his extraordinarily handsome face, leaning over to look straight into his eyes.

"Zhao Xuan, remember what you've spoken today. If I find out you've done something disgraceful, I'll flay you alive."

The Emperor was so close, every word was accompanied by a spray of breath, and that breath was a mixture of grass, morning dew and sunshine, he only had to kiss him to get a taste. In the past, the Emperor was always dazed and blindfolded, so him forcefully pinching his jaw, and being face to face like now, their eyes touching each other's as their breaths mixed, was still a new experience. Zhao Xuan suddenly felt an intense longing. He hoped that he could one day pull off the blindfold, and make the man clearly see who was taking him. He was proud, so he refuses to admit that he's pleased, his mouth always repeatedly cursing "Animal", "Bastard", "Pervert", but from now on, Zhao Xuan hoped that the only thing he shouted was Zhao Xuan, Zhao Xuan, Zhao Xuan ...