One

The loud and heavy smack of the gym locker closing echoed in the girl's dressing rooms as Allison Fredrick stepped on the blue backs, hands on her naked hips  as she looked over the half undressed girls below her. The tall blonde grinned from ear to ear, flashing pearly whites as she flaunted her tanned and toned body for the rest. Allison Fredrick wasn't a cheerleader and she wasn't a labeled 'slut', but she was rich and popular. 

"Listen up, ducklings! It's Valentine Survival week!" She announced excitedly as some of her friends cheered behind her. "That means, I've got my pretty eyes set on some of y'all bitches." Fredrick's friends laughed loudly, enjoying the show. "Watch your backs, sluts. You have a surprise coming." She grinned as she got down and went back to getting dressed, giggling between her friends and eyeing certain targets. Her brown eyes falling upon a specific one.  

Was she nice? No. And that's what made her considerably opaque next to Adriana Rocio.

The brunette sat on the bench at the far end of the dressing room tying her shoes. Adriana Rocio, although classified as 'popular', liked to pass by as one of the rest. She considered it knowing people, not friends. Her simplicity and trust-worthy aura brought people close to her. 

"Adriana?" The brunette plastered a small polite smile as she turned to the person who called her. "I was actually wondering if you were going to participate in the Valentine Survival this year." Gaby, a short black haired girl asked her. Once Gaby saw the hesitation in her eyes she quickly took her chance. "I know Valentine Survival week is horrible, but is only because of Allison." The jet black haired girl dragged her eyes to the blonde. "She gives it a shitty image to the whole thing. Don't you think?" Gaby turned back to Adriana, hopeful that the girl would say yes. 

"I think she just blew it out of proportion." Adriana smiled sympathetically. "I don't think I'll be participating though. I have to go over to the elderly home that on the last day of the event." Adriana stood up from the bench and hovered over Gaby. "If anything I'll go by the library, let you know if I can sign up. Is that okay?" 

Gaby, although disappointed that she didn't give an immediate yes, nodded in agreement. "Alright, cool. Thank you, Adriana. You kinda give a better image to the whole thing." Adriana smiled at her, walking the opposite direction as she headed for the field determined to give her least favorite class an end. 

"Rocio! Good to see you've gotten out the dressing rooms faster today." Her coach chuckled as she held a clipboard. Adriana laughed genuinely. 

"Coach Williams, I don't mean to offend you, but my least favorite subject is p.e and if I can finish earlier I can leave earlier. The better choice!" The coach nodded, taking things halfheartedly. 

"Go on. Do the laps then."

Adriana wasted no time, standing on the sidelines as she stretched and warmed up before she took off slowly. Starting at a steady jog, her eyes taking in the scenery of the athletes practicing. Adriana didn't like taking physical education, but, she hated to admit that running helped her think in a lot of things she was usually to busy to think about in the first place. 

Seventeen, aspiring for great things and caring with great manners, she liked to think she was a good person and she was doing things right. She was always submerged in clubs, associations, community services, and activities that made her a good person. But this time I want to do something bigger, she thought. The awards, the certificates and medals in her room didn't seem like enough at this point. She wanted to do something different and significant for her. Adriana looked around, spotting Gaby stretching with the remaining girls. Coming to a halt, she went over to the shorter girl. 

"Hey, I'll talk with the community service committee. I'll go to the Survival week." Gaby grinned. 

"Really?!" Adriana nodded. "For real? Alright, yeah. Sweet! I'll dot down your name. Thanks, Adriana. This means so much."

"Adriana Rocio, signing up for Valentine Survival week?" Allison perked up at the new information. "Are you sure about that, hun? I think there's a lot of competition for you. Specially this year." Allison laughed walking around Gaby and Adriana. "I don't think the single candidates will want to date a prude like you." The girl's brown eyes met with Adriana's green ones. 

"Maybe they won't, but I'm doing this for Gaby and for her club. Not interested in dating, sincerely." Allison smirked. 

"Really?" She took a step closer to her. "Keep in mind I'm the one who makes all this contest run. You'll be quite surprise how I like to see my participants crawl for their prize."

"Like I said." Adriana smiled politely, taking a step back. "Just for Gaby and the club."