Chapter 9

I can't believe that it's freaky Friday
🌹

****
As we drive into the drive way, my mom stops the car and turns it off. She then turns to me, her curly hair moving all over her face. She looks all serious, making me nervous.

Oh no, what did I do?

"Are you talking to Damon again?" She questions me. I look at her confused for a minute until I remember.

She saw us walking out of school earlier.

My face turns into an "O" shape, making her raise her brow at me in questioning. She jingles the keys in her hands impatiently.

"Well?"

"Well we've been assigned partners together." Her eyebrows scrunch together.

"Since when do you need partners in math?" I nod my head at her, agreeing. When then get out the car and walk inside the house. She goes to the kitchen and starts taking out food.

I'm just trying to escape this conversation because she thinks that I have feelings for him... which is true. But, we haven't really talked about this yet, and I don't want to.

I quietly tip toe to my room, hoping she doesn't notice I'm gone.

"Where the hell are you? I'm not done yet." She yells out, walking out with a wooden spoon in her hand. I sigh in defeat and walk back to the kitchen.

How does she do it?

I slump down on one of the stools at the small kitchen island while she cuts up some meat. She looks up at me a few times with her brown eyes before speaking.

"Do you still like him?" I look at her, giving me her full attention. Oh, she's serious.

"Who said I liked him?" I scoff at the question. I play it off cool, not wanting to linger on this topic any longer. She raises a brow at me.

"Hmm I don't know. Maybe your face, body language. Every time I say his name, you have this look of longing in your eyes, and I know that look." So what if I like him, it doesn't change anything.

"Ok maybe I do, why does it even matter?"

"Because he cares about you Jaz." I shake my head at her.

No he doesn't. If he did, he wouldn't have been a chicken and left at my most vulnerable time.

"That's not true."

"Yes it is." She comes up to me and puts her hands on my shoulders, staring at me dead in the eyes.

"I've been through enough to know the difference between love and hate Jaz. He might not know it yet, but he does. And when he realizes it, he will stop at nothing to have you." I feel tears prickle at my eyes, but I hold them back.

"Why are you even talking about this? I thought you didn't like him?" I question her. She sighs out, releasing her hold on me. She runs a hand through her curly hair, going back to cooking.

"Oh I can't stand his ass." She points her spoon at me again. "But... call it a gut feeling, but something tells me he's right for you." I shake my head at her. That's impossible.

"Ok, well I'm gonna go to my room." She shakes her head yes. When I walk into my room, I'm greeted with the devil himself.

"Damon?"

****
Ohhh I feel bad leaving it at this, but at the same time I feel amazing😈😂

Why do you think Damon is in her room?

Is Jaz's mom right?

Happy Summer Everyone!!!!!!

Lei-Bear🌹