Chapter 2

A few days later Lauren once again finds herself pulling up outside Walmart. As this was so new for Camila, she felt that seeing her more often was the best thing to do. It was the same with all of her clients really. The first few weeks she'll meet with them every few days and as time goes on, they get less and less frequent and she'll only see them once every two weeks.

It didn't necessarily mean they didn't need the therapy anymore, it was more of the fact once they were in some sort of routine, they didn't need it as often. Sure, some clients only end up lasting a few weeks, but that wasn't because they hated it, it was only because it wasn't what they expected.

Once she had gotten out of the car and closed the door behind her, she makes her way round to the trunk. Instead of grabbing her purse like last time, she grabs the duffle knowing that she may need it today. Not necessarily the baby items as she knew that wouldn't happen for weeks, maybe even months, but she had purchased some colouring books the other day with Camila in mind.

After locking her car, she makes her way towards the bus. Just as she brings her hand up to knock and let whoever was inside know she was here, the door opens and she was greeted with the smiley face of Normani Kordei. Today, instead of the sweats and sweater, she was dressed in a dark blue pair of skinny jeans and a tank top with a lightweight jacket on top.

"Hi Lauren, come on in" she greets as she pulls the door wide open, allowing Lauren to slip past her before closing and locking the door again.

"Thank you" Lauren replies, "same place as last time?" Lauren asks as she shrugs off her leather jacket and places it on the back of one of the seats.

The woman nods, "Yeah. She's just gotten back from soundcheck so don't be to worried if she's asleep" she says almost carelessly, walking over to the kitchen to grab a cup from the cupboard.

"Asleep? I'm sorry Normani but I'm not going to wake her if she's asleep. The poor girl needs all the rest she can get" Lauren replies with a frown as she goes to pick up her jacket.

Normani shrugs as she turns on the coffee machine, "she might not be. Go check." She says, gesturing towards the back of the bus with her hand.

Lauren frowns at her dismissive attitude as she uncomfortably shifts in place. What was up with her this morning? Did someone piss in her cereal? Sighing softly, she begins to make her way towards to the back of the bus knowing that if Camila was awake, she couldn't miss this appointment with her.

Much to her surprise, Camila was awake. Well, just about anyway. The young girl was led face down on one of the couches with her head in her arms, and her eyes were blinking heavily signalling that while she may not be asleep now, she was damn close to it.

She hesitates on whether or not she should disturb her for a split second, but after realisation that today's appointment was an important one, she knocks quietly before walking in. This alone gets the girls attention, but surprisingly, she doesn't move from her place on the couch and instead chooses to send a small grin her way.

"Hi sweetheart" she greets quietly as she places the duffle bag down to one side.

When she doesn't get a reply, she crouches down so she was eye level with the girl before bringing her hand up to brush a strand of hair away from her eyes, "how're you feeling today?" She asks.

"Tired" Camila whispers, seeming to relax under the woman's touch.

Lauren starts running her hand up and down her back, "would you like me to leave you to sleep?" She asks, knowing that no matter how important this appointment was, Camila getting rest was to come first.