XI: Bittersweet

A/N: 🗣 SORRY FOR THE WAIT !
My writer's block was something serious, but I hope you guys enjoy 😉

Chapter Ten

"You gon' be good bro?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" My brows furrowed together as I glanced over at Dom pulling into Seven's driveway.

Today was her baby shower and although her sister and I were no longer together it was all love between us. She extended the invite a few weeks back and to say I was hesitant to accept was an understatement. The Alexander women had a soft spot for me, but Mr. Alexander had never been a fan and I knew for sure his feelings hadn't changed.

"I mean, I know Sage is here so I'm just trying to make sure you're good before we head in." He eyed me before grabbing the white and grey gift wrapped boxes out of the backseat.

"I'm not tripping off that, she made her choice and she picked dude, I'm cool on her." I waved him off.

"If you say so bro." He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement.

I would be lying if I said Sage choosing Geometry over me didn't hurt my pride. She made a decision and that decision was to be with him. But, I knew better than to dwell on the shit, so like a man I took my L on the chin and kept it pushing.

Rekindling our relationship was no longer in the cards and as much as I wanted my girl back I had to accept that maybe I was too late.

"Where E?" I questioned, not seeing his black Mercedes anywhere.

"He said he had to handle some shit and he'll be here later." Dom shrugged his shoulders as we walked up Sev's cobblestone driveway.

"Yeah he handling some shit alright." I chuckled before FaceTiming JT. They thought they were slick, but I was slicker.

"Sis." I shot her a smile once it connected, her full lips and doe eyes gracing my screen.

"Hey bro wassup?" She grinned widely, looking over her shoulder.

"Where you at?" My eyes squinted in an attempt to survey her surroundings.

"I'm home." The camera panned over slightly, showing her marble countertop.

"Oh, aight. I was just calling to check in on you, what you doing?"

"Literally nothing, I need to find something to do honestly. I'm alone and bored as hell." She shrugged in a dull tone.

"If you so bored why you ain't hit up E."

"Boy bye, you know I'm not fucking with Eric." She rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Stop trying to play my mans." I laughed before putting her on mute.

"He playing his damn self." She scoffed in fake annoyance like the actress she was.