2

David

"I got sumn to handle. I'll be back later." I locked my phone and informed my brother before leaving out of my aunt's apartment.

"I gotta get a car." I mumbled to myself as I lit my blunt and walked down the dimly lit street.

It's not like I couldn't afford one, I used to think having one was unnecessary because everything was in walking distance but I'm starting to rethink that decision now.

I finally made it to Fulton Street. I jogged up the steps and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A voice yelled. It sounded like Deuce

"Ya bitch." I laughed "Open the door nigga."

I could hear him unlocking all of the locks on the door. "Real funny." Deuce held the door open wide enough for me to walk in.

"Wassup niggas." I greeted everybody. Smoke clouded the living room. Pills, money and powder was scattered across the table. "What ya'll got going on?" I pulled up a chair.

"I'm getting shit ready for this drive Shad about to take. I got a couple of packages that need to get to North Carolina asap. Ain't that right?" Deuce patted Shad's shoulder.

Shad was one of the newer boys that Deuce brought in. I could tell he was scared shitless right now. Probably never even made a drop before. I remember my days of making runs. I rarely do that shit now.

"Let me holla at you back here for a minute."

I nodded and followed him to a back room. "Wassup?"

"Somebody been stealing from the warehouse over on 83rd. It's between Mike and Alan but I need you to handle that shit. I don't care how you do it as long as it gets done. Got me?"

"Heard." I let the smoke escape through my lips. "Hold up." I held the blunt in my mouth and felt around my jean pockets. I pulled out my money and handed Deuce his cut.

Deuce held the money in his hand and looked at it. "Keep it." He handed it back to me "You the only one that hold me down, no questions. I can't keep charging you like you one of them niggas out there." He pointed, referring to the guys in the other room.

"You sure?"

"Yea nigga." He walked out

I shrugged and stuffed the money in my pocket.

"I'll hit you when I know wassup." I let myself out

I scrolled through my call log as I walked. My finger hovered over Monica's contact. She was this shy lil chick from Indiana. Only over here to see her father. I clicked her name and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Wassup. Whatchu doing love?"

"Nothing. What are you doing?"

"I'm tryna come see you."

"I don't know." She hesitated. "It's kind of late."

"It's only 11:30." I laughed

There was silence before she sighed "Ok. I'll text you my address."

1 hour later

I walked from the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bed.

I took a sip of henny before putting my pants on

I took a sip of henny before putting my pants on. I pulled my shirt over my head and slipped my shoes on. I downed the rest of my drink before leaving.

I crossed the street and walked towards my aunt's apartment. My phone began to ring in my pocket and it was my brother calling.

"What nigga?" I answered

"Where you at?"

"Corner of Avalon and Princeton. Why?"

"Yo. Stop by the corner store and bring me a silky please. Mine is at the crib and auntie don't have one. I gotta keep my waves tight."

"You shittin me." I laughed "Fuck off my phone." I ended the call.

I pulled a pre-rolled blunt from my pocket and lit it. I approached the corner store and pulled the door open.

"Wassup Ahmed." I walked to the counter.  "Gimme two of those durags back there." I pointed

"Anything else?" He placed them on the counter and looked at me

"Nah." I handed him a 20 and grabbed the durags "Keep the change."

Exiting the store, I jogged across the street to the entrance of the apartment complex.

"Hey Dave."

I looked up to see Cardi coming down the steps.

"Wassup." I nodded

I reached the top of the stairs and attempted to go into my aunt's apartment but the door was locked.

I knocked loudly and the door swung open quickly.

"You scared by yourself nigga?" I laughed and walked inside.

"Shut up."

"Here." I tossed his durag to him. "Don't ask me for nothing else."

"Whatever."

I sat in the living room across from my brother. I looked over from the TV to see him looking at himself in his phone. I threw a pillow at him and knocked his phone out of his hand.

"My bad." I laughed

"You bitch." He threw the pillow back at me

"You a bitch." I continued to laugh. "Pick ya phone up cry baby."

"You mad annoying." He grabbed his phone and walked to one of the bedrooms.

I stretched out on the chair and got comfortable. I guess I'll watch TV the rest of the night.