•9•Sebastian•

Sebastian hated himself for this. He hated drinking. Yet there he was ordering his fifth drink of the night. But however, on that night, Sebastian justified himself. It was the 20th. 18 years back, that was the last time he saw his mom.

He was in the same club he went to before. Even though he wouldn't accept it, he secretly hoped that Vex would come. He hated leaving her when the shooting had begun. He hated Andrew. Sebastian didn't even know her real name.

He downed his drink as he felt a hand move across his shoulder. "Hey, handsome." A voice said near his shoulder. Sebastian rolled his eyes.

That was the last thing he needed. He was about to push her away when he heard someone behind him.

"Back off lady, he's mine." He felt the hand leave his back. Brianna sat down beside him and ordered a whiskey.

"Tough day?" She asked him, as her drink was placed in front of her.

"Somewhat," Sebastian replied.

Sebastian had kept his promise and taken her out the day after the club incident. They went out for ice cream. But in the end, they both realised it wasn't right.

"But we don't have a choice." Brianna had said. She was right. Her father was a rich businessman. He was the one to who Seb's father would go to in case he needed extra money.

"Seb. You can talk to me." She said facing him. Sebastian nodded but immediately put on a poker face.

He usually had a really calm but 'piss-me-off-and-I'll-kill-you" face.

Until he turned 19 and had to deal with the whole "you're going to get married" thing, he was his father's second man. He had killed only one person in his life. No one else. He didn't need to. Even though he was young. He was still scary. At least that's what Andrew told him.

The first mission he had carried out was a drug deal. He didn't even know what he was going for. His father was arguing with some man. That was when everything went wrong. They started shooting.

Jesper, his only friend in the fighting line at that time, died during that fight. Andrew didn't come out much. He used to sit and train. Sebastian too would have if he wasn't the boss's son. Since he was the boss's son, he was also the first one to be taken to safety.

At least it wasn't before he shot a bullet right through Jesper's killer's head. That's when he became hardcore. He didn't give two fucks about others. If you were in this business, you were in this for good.

That was until Vex.

For some reason, he really wanted to protect her. Another part of his brain yelled out that she wouldn't need any protection. She looked like someone who could kill with just their eyes.

"Sebastian?" Brianna snapped him back.

Sebastian got out of his chair and glanced at the watch on his hand. It was two in the morning.

"I'm sorry. I'm distant, more so than usual. But I'm going to go get some sleep." He told her.

She just nodded. He hugged her before leaving. They had tried kissing before, but even Brianna agreed that it was just pointless. He walked out. He was pretty stable but still decided to call Andrew to pick him up. Even if he was mad, he was still the boss's son. And Andrew worked for the boss. He hated using his power like this. He knew Andrew would come if he just asked. But he was still mad at him.

He wanted to know if Vex was safe or not.

Little did he know that he would soon see her. But she wouldn't be what he called "safe".

She would be at his house.

Hey guys. Sorry, this chapter was a little boring. Next one will be better. Till then. Enjoy.