Part 9: I Hate You I Love You

So after a weird glitchy type thing this book disappeared from wattpad but it's back now! Woo!! I'm also going to try to make a h chapter longer from now on so there's more to read :)
Let me know if I've made any mistakes, hope you enjoy!

Lu was in a much happier mood than when she left so I assumed things with her crush had gone well.

"How was your day?" I asked as she climbed into her car after skipping towards me through the gate.

"It was good, I won a quiz in class and beat thirteen people in a maths test," she beamed.

"That's great! So what homework do we have today?" I asked, turning down onto the highway.

"I have to read a book before the end of the week and practise my two times tables."

"Sweet, well the book can be done easily, what about the maths?" I looked over at her and she gave me a playful glare before going off on a tangant where she was going through her two times tables until she reached 100.

I had to stop her as we walked into the house because I was worried she was gonna burn out.

"Okay, okay! You're good at maths and we don't need to do any of that for homework," I laughed as she dumped her bag on the floor by the stairs.

"Are you hungry?" I called from the kitchen and she came bouncing in. I made her some peanut butter and carrot sticks - as per Stanford's requests - and we sat and talked over her day at school.

We ended up kicking the football in the backyard where she had a mini net set up. I was being goal defender while she practiced her strikes.

"That would be a penalty for me!" She yelled, her arms stretched out in front of her in frustration while I laughed my head off.

"Oh please! I was captain of the girls soccer team at my high school, try me. I'll win," I winked at her and she pursed her lips angrily, lining up and kicking the ball hard into my stomach when I wasn't paying attention.

"Okay, okay, you got that one," I sighed, coughing slightly while she laughed.

We continued like this until the sun went down and we could no longer see each other in the dark.

"Hungry?" I asked, assuming she was still here.

"Yeah,"

I made us dinner of chicken and vegetables and she grumbled when she saw it.

"I thought you were gonna make me fun things," she whined as she took her plate to the table.

"I will but we need to have boring things to make the fun things, fun things."

The night ended with me reading fifteen pages of the book she needed to finish by next week and her falling asleep just towards the end. I folded a piece of scrap paper and stuck it two pages before where I'd finished so she could recap where we'd left off tomorrow night.

I packed up slowly, taking my time so I didn't have to go home and face Isaac. I was tempted to go to Alyssa's or Dan's but then I realised that I actually didn't know where Dan lived. In fact, I don't think any of us did.

When I entered the apartment I was glad to find it empty and clean. Isaac's things were resting in the corner by the kitchen counter and I searched the table for a note. Nothing.

I sight in content and dropped my things in my room before calling Alyssa to see what she was up to.

"We're all at the bar," she said loudly in my ear.

"Who's we?" I asked, just as loud as I pulled on a skirt to replace my jeans and got ready to leave.

"Daniel, Isaac, Kim and I," she said.