Arc 1.11

Author's Note:

So, about 10030 words. Not my longest chapter so far, but enough for Editor-chan to start sobbing.

I did say I wanted to post this up in 5 days, but it took longer because of the length of the chapter (and some other things >.>). Sorry, Y'all lol.

...--------...

Both Bai Yang and Alex look up at the same time, but instead of an annoying and bothersome male she's half expecting, a professional business-like woman with a briefcase in her hands and fashionable glasses on her nose is what she gets. She's wearing a stylish (and expensive-looking) gray suit-jacket and skirt with a white blouse that is buttoned up to her neck and if Alex bothers to look down, the expense of the high-heel dress shoes she's wearing would surely make her flinch in horror.

The other's temperament is very clean, yet cold. Her expression has a business-like detachment but her eyes hold a sort of fire that has Alex rather curious. Right now, the woman's eyes is very focused on Bai Yang, who is frozen like a deer looking into headlights, and Alex doesn't mind being ignored. In fact, she feels kind of sympathetic for her kid to be in the center of such an intense gaze.

Realizing that Bai Yang is not responding to the newcomer, Alex subtly elbows the young man, making him blurt out 'yes' as he is getting out of his stupor.

The woman doesn't look bothered by Bai Yang's awkwardness as she takes out a business card and holds it towards the wide-eye male. "My name is Lin Ning and I work for Wang Modeling Agency. I think you have great potential as a model for us to nurture."

Both Bai Yang's and Alex's eyes pop out at the same time but for different reasons.

While Bai Yang had never thought that he would be recruited as a model, especially being recruited from one of the top modeling agencies in the world, Alex on the other hand is very well aware that Bai Yang has the potential to be scouted from WMA, but...

Isn't this happening ahead of time?!?

'Oi Sys! What the hell is going on? Should this be happening so quickly?!'

【That's-I think it's because Host had changed many things in the plot that led to this.】

'What? What in the hell did I change?'

【Umm... If Host had left Bai Yang alone and let the bullying continue, then it would not have been unheard of if Bai Yang isolated himself at home...】

'So it's because I want to be a good friend and think it's unhealthy to let our kid hide himself forever in the comforts of his own home that this happened????'

【I believe so. Before Host got involved, Bai Yang was an introverted, depressed young man and he's not the type to want to step outside of home unless there is a necessity to. If he wasn't forced last time to go out by those... then he wouldn't have the opportunity to sign a modeling contract in the first place.】

Alex's mood sours at the reminder of what is originally supposed to happen when Bai Yang got his first modeling contract, but tries not to show it on her face. 'Then... that means Ah Yang's modeling potential is already quite high, but because of his shyness and lack of confidence, that potential is oppressed and stiffened..."

【Yes... Also, Miss Lin Ning sounds quite familiar... I think she was the one that first recruit Bai Yang in the original setting.】

'What, really? That's a really amazing coincidence.'

【Yes, but I'm not really sure. I can look it up.】

'Nah, I trust your judgement. If that's the case, then Miss Lin Ning is quite interesting herself...' For one, in the original setting, she can see past Bai Yang's awkward and somber personality and find some sort of potential that most others would overlook. Two, Lin Ning seems really smart and intuitive, so did she purposely ignore the fact that Ah Yang is hiding his gender? Because Alex is not really convinced that her kid can effectively lie for a long period of time...