Chapter 10

The boy is mine
🌹

****

I stand there silently as he looks around my room, looking at the old pictures that hang on the wall. He then finds a picture that catches his eye and just gets lost in it. I quietly close my door and just stand there.

I don't think he heard me...

I admire him from afar. He wears light washed jeans with a black sweatshirt and some black Jordan's. He still stands tall as ever with his perfect self, blowing me away. Still till this day, he takes my breath away. Hating him or not, he still manages to make my heart pitter for him.

Something inside me still screams for him. Everything in me could hate him all I want, but that small part keeps me from pushing him away for good. That small part makes me want to jump into his arms and never leave.

That small part could just break me...

When I come out of my trance, I notice something about him. He's slightly bending over, as if he's holding in his pain, like he's... limping.
Wait, is he hurt?

"Damon?" He quickly turns to me in surprise and I gasp in horror. Upon his beautiful face laid purplish looking bruises and a busted lip and eye brow. My eyes look down at his big hands and see they were bruised and cut up. What the hell happened to him?

I cover up my mouth in shock as I quickly run up to him.

"What happened to you?!" I whisper yell as I lead him to my bed and sit him down. He looks up at me like a confused kid, as I frantically search for the aid kit. When he doesn't answer I ask again.

"Well?" I look at him again, while he looks at me.

"I got in a fight." He says bluntly. I find the aid kit under my bed and bring it onto the bed. I open it up and take out the alcohol and cotton balls.

I roll my eyes at his answer. Of course there was a fight. I want to know who and how it happened. I stand in front of his open legs look at him. I grab his chin and look around to see if there was anything more serious.

Before I can clean up his face, he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my tummy, letting out a sigh.

Sighing, I grab his head and attempt to lift it again, but fail. I try again, but he just won't budge.

"Lift your head, I need to clean your wounds." I softly tell him. He lets out another sigh.

"I'm so tired though." He looks up at me with these puppy eyes, that were truly tired. I put my hand on his cheek where it wasn't hurt.

"Then let me finish up and you can sleep, ok?" He nods his head and let's me clean him up. I dab the cotton ball on spots where he was cut, earning a groan from him. He occasionally put his head on my stomach, but I lifted it back up.

When I was done with his face, I moved on to his hands. I carefully cleaned up each and every knuckle, while Damon rested his head on me again. It was quite comforting actually.

When I was done, he stands up, but immediately hunches over in pain. I quickly run to his side and lay him on the bed. I try to lift the sweater to see anything but it was difficult.

"Take this off." He raises a brow.

"Why?"

"Because you're injured and I have to see." I tell him sternly. He smirks at me, but takes it off anyway. I ignore how perfectly sculpted his abs are and focus on the huge bruise that lays on his stomach. I bring my hand up in shock.

"Oh my, please tell me who did this." He looks away from me, making me angry. Why won't he tell me who did this? Someone hurt him.

"No."

"Why not? Someone hurt you!" I whisper yell at him.

"I just got hurt at football practice, ok? Just drop it Jaz." I sigh in defeat, letting him win. I know damn well it ain't no football practice. First he said it was a fight, now football practice.

By looking at him, I could see he was tired. It was already late at night. I pull the covers over his body and get a blanket from my closet and put it on the floor. He looks at me confused when I lay down on the floor.

"What are you doing Jaz?" I look at him and see he's glaring at me.

"Umm.. sleeping on the floor?" I say confused myself. He shakes his head at me.

"Sleep with me." I raise a brow at him and start to laugh at him. When he doesn't laugh back, I awkwardly clear my throat.

"No."

"Yes."

"I said no." I glare at him. I stand up and put my hands on my hips. He smirks at me.

"And I said yes." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me onto him. My body is slammed against his chest, as he wraps even tighter around me. I completely straddle him as he stares at me with amusement. I struggle to get out of his grip, but he's like the man of steel.

"Let me go Damon." I shudder out when he runs his hands up and down my back side and butt, slightly comforting me a bit.

"Just sleep, lov. I'm just as tired as you." He slightly closes his eyes as he still rubs me, calling me to sleep. I silently agree and lay my head on his chest. The sound of his beating heart, the softness of his hard chest, and his rich smell just put me in a dark trance, sleep taking over my body.

I slightly lift my head and look up at him and see he's already staring at me.

"Can I ask you something?" I mumble. He nods.

"Sure."

"Why did you come to me when you were hurt?" I ask, as sleep slowly takes over. I barely hear his response, but it still gives my stomach butterflies.

"Because I trust you."

****
Omggggggg I honestly love this chapter! Can I get a hell yeah for them finally being around eachother and not kill one another!

And, I finally made the chapter longer, which alotttttt of you have been asking about. It could be 2000 words one day, and 5 words the next. That's just how it is my friends 🤷🏾‍♀️😉

How do you feel about Damon now?

Do you think he realized his feelings for Jaz yet?

What else could happen in this book?

Lei-Bear