Chapter 14

It was only minutes after she returned to her office when it dawned on her that she had completely forgotten about eating. Thanks to her stomach grumbling from its lack of contents to grind for reminding her.

Jiwon glanced at the wall clock, the time showing quarter to twelve noon. A thoughtful smile formed on her lips as she lifted her phone from her desk, and swiveled her chair. She was aware of being the one who initiated the civil pact, but concluded that it wouldn't be taken as crossing the line to interrupt whatever he was occupied with at the moment.

And this involved food anyway, so where's the loss? In fact, she had even learnt something which raised her concern midway.

After leaving directives to her assistant, Jiwon was out on the road. The traffic congestion built up with every minute passing, yet her driving skills brought her without much delay to her destination.

When Jiwon and Yoongi complied to hold back on their arguments, Jiwon hadn't foreseen gaining another acquaintance in the existence of Wu Hyangmi — Yoongi's assistant.

Jiwon presumed the assistant's tense motion the first time they met, was merely for the reason she was new and adjusting with caution. Perhaps Hyangmi still had those moments, but she loosened up whenever she conversed with Jiwon and spoke without much of the strictness and formality, just as Jiwon had requested.

As a result, Jiwon conveniently acquired access to Yoongi's schedule without him having to know.

"Do you know how long it takes to schedule an appointment with me?"

"The last time I checked, I just have to appear before your mother to get an instant tour to your office," responded Jiwon. "Should I do that?"

"What do you need then?" Yoongi flatly asked, and Jiwon scowled at his inattentiveness.

"It's your fault." Jiwon shrugged her shoulders. "I'm getting less work on a daily basis, so you have to accompany me for lunch."

"You drove all the way here just to ask me out for lunch?" Yoongi's expression hinted of disapproval, his eyes crinkled at the corners.

"I asked Hyangmi your usual lunch time, but she told me you don't even eat." She crossed her arms and mimicked the same facial expression Yoongi had. "Don't make me call your mother."

"You're not my fiancée," shot Yoongi as if to remind her the real deal between them, and she responded with a blank look.

"Might as well play the role properly since I don't have anything else better to do."

Yoongi shook his head, dropping his attention back on his work. Jiwon awaited for him to dismiss her presence completely, but then she caught the suppressed tug on the corners of his lips.

"Give me a minute," Yoongi finally said, earning a satisfied grin from Jiwon.

On their way down, Jiwon could only be thankful that only she and Yoongi were inside the elevator when her stomach thought it was the perfect time to manifest its hunger. Yoongi's muffled laugh annoyed her, though.

She defended that she had not eaten anything since this morning, which then shifted the conversation about the wedding planner that came to her house that morning.

During the drive, a comforting silence ensued between them. Jiwon kept her gaze out, unmindful of their destination, whereas Yoongi had his attention fixated ahead. He reckoned that the two of them would only have a hard time deciding where to eat, if it were to require a joint suggestion and decision making. Last time, it took them roughly thirty minutes just to settle somewhere.