III

"Your girlfriend?!" the woman claps and smiles excitedly.

"Mhm." he gulps as I still stand frozen.

"It's a pleasure, Hayun." she says, snapping me out of my tranced state.

"It's a pleasure, Mrs. Kim." I bow at her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating, Taehyungie?" the woman turns disappointed to Taehyung.

"It's been only a few weeks and I-"

"Yeah, of course. I'm so happy for you! I really hope to see her this weekend! You know you must bring a date and I bet she wouldn't like to see you with another woman." she smiles, "Would you?"

"O-Of course not." I say.

"We'll sure be there, Eomma." he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Anyways, I was here to ask if you'd like to go to brunch with me, but I guess you're busy. I'll see you two tomorrow then." she says.

"Bye!" Taehyung says and I smile at her as she leaves.

After I can no longer see the woman I turn to Taehyung with an annoyed expression.

"Where exactly am I going?" I push him off.

"Hayun, listen to me! I'm so sorry-"

"Are you out of your mind?" I shout.

"Calm down!" he sounds and looks desperate, making me pitty him.

I cross my arms and nod.

"Please, listen to me." he grabs both of my hands and puts them between his big ones.

"I am."

"My mom has always been wanting me to start dating, but I never actually wanted to and still don't want to, I think. But if she saw me with you like that and I told her you weren't my girlfriend she would be a pain in my ass for the rest of the year, trust me, it happened before. So I had to tell her you were my girlfriend." he lets go of my hands and starts walking around.

"And what about this weekend?" I ask and he immediately pauses.

"Oh... About that. My parents often throw business parties at their house, and this weekend they will have an event and I'm supposed to bring a date."

"And...?"

"You'll have to fake being my girlfriend for this weekend." he says quickly.

"What?!?!" I shout.

"I'll pay you! I'll do anything! Just please, please, do this for me. I'll never bother you again. And I'll tell my mom we broke up after it." he sounds desperate.

I cross my warms and look down, thinking hard about this.

"When do we leave?" I ask.

"You're going? Really?" a big smile forms on his face, and I then realise his smile is just like his mother's.

"Mhm."

"We leave tomorrow at 10 am." he says, "I'll give you my number and we'll text if anything goes wrong. You don't have to pack your luggage, my maids will do that for you. I'll pick you up at your house." he explains.

"O-Okay."

"Thank you so much, Hayun." he relaxes his body and smiles in relief.