Chapter eleven

"Do not become a stranger to yourself by blending I with everyone else."
-Dodinsky

(Important question at the 🔚)

Lorenzo POV.

The conference that mum wanted me to attend was another charity event happening today.

Earlier...

"Honey I'm glad Massimo told you to meet me. Tonight we are having a charity event it's in honor of Maria Claire's company "Cherish the moment." Its a building dedication, another branch opened near here. You and Massimo have to go and don't forget to bring a date." She said and turned walking away.

Natasha's mum is hosting an event. That's great! I will go with Natasha maybe it will be a good thing for her.

I dial her number.

"Hello?" She asks. I smile she's in a good mood.

"Hey. It's me." I say from the other side.

"Oh hey, hun. How was the conference?" She asks.
Hun. That sounds like music flowing from her vocals. She's really good at this pretend girlfriend thing.

"It was great. Where are you?" I ask his voice demanding an answer.

"We are at Kipferl Cafe & Kitchen," She says looking around for any grab and run people.
My blood drains. That's Massimo's favorite place, it also very romantic. What was he trying to do?

"What time will you get home?" I wonder a little agitated.

"In an hour or two." She replied.

"In one hour you must be at the house. There is something very important for us to talk about." I say before cutting the line.

I was furious. The longer she stayed with him the more he advanced in the game. But I'm sure she wouldn't fall for him. I hope so.

I impatiently pace around the house waiting for their arrival. I take a shower and get ready for the event.

Soon I see their car come up the driveway.
She emerges from the car smiling sleepily. She whispers something to Massimo who grins. She gives him a quick hug, which made my nerves tick, and made her way towards me her face changing!

"Hey. How was it?" I asked.

"Hey? That's all you have to say after cutting the line on me...you didn't even let me confirm or not."She says in one breathe. 

"Not again. Really?" I sigh frustrated. "Just cooperate with me for once please." 

I look over my shoulder and see Massimo watching us. "Let's try this again....How was it?" 

"Magical. But I'll tell you later. What was it you wanted to talk about?" she asked.

"Let's go to our room," I said guiding her upstairs. After securely shutting the door I turn to face her.

"So I have a charity event tonight, mum didn't give me a chance to choose whether or not I want to go but I'll be honored if you could be my guess," I said praying that she says yes.

"Seriously?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest. 

"What now?" I ask. 

"When you do something wrong, you apologize for it!" She says throwing her hands in the air. 

"Gosh, why are you girls so complicated it?" I ask. 

"Well if we don't sometimes understand that ourselves, however, if boys actually thought about others and not just themselves, our paths would be smooth." She replied.