chapter 18

Nandini moves towards the waiting area where manik is standing,his face towards the skyline of Mumbai .

There was a certain awkwardness in the air, because of the incident of last night and reviving memories that Nandini had hidden in the deepest parts of her heart.

She didn't want to talk about it and talking to Manik was necessary. Her best option was to just stick to the topic and leave after convincing him.

Upon hearing footsteps manik turned and looked at her, a small smile coming on his face. Nandini smiled in return. There smiling faces giving the silent message that everything will be alright.

M : so, how come today u are in the office princess?

N : u guys have a big deal to achieve, and I am here for moral support. Best wishes u know.

M : I know you too well, to also read ur expressions princess, and it is not the only reason. Is it?

Nandini just shook her head slightly surprised how Manik knew her so well, her feelings as if she was an open book.

N : since u know so much, I am guessing u also know what I want

M : definitely

N : so what is your opinion

M : does it matter, u are anyways going to make me do it .

N : I am not going to force u manik.

M : of course not, u are just going to convince me. And not back down until I agree. I know that u always get what u want.

N : u and adi have spoiled me, always fulfilling wishes, the wishes are becoming big day by day.

Nandini takes a step towards Manik ,moving until they are straight in front of each other. There eyes locked and everything else fading in the background. Manik is the first one to look away.

N : you don't want to do this, right Manik.

Manik looks back at nandini and sighs.

M : I get it how u want everyone to be together, but this won't work. Adi and me, we have a lot of differences, ego clashes, this project might drown amongst all this.

N : u both are also talented, dedicated towards work, it will help as well. Trust me Manik. Please

M : anything for you. If u really want this why not. U don't have to hide anything from me, I get it.

Nandini smiled while manik caresses her face with his hands, nandini closing her eyes in a bliss. They were finding peace in silence, mere presence of each other was blissful to them.

Suddenly Manik's phone flashed, his secretary was calling him since it was time for the meeting to start. It pulled them out of there bubble.

N : u should go. Best of luck, I know it will all end well.

Nandini smiled which  gave manik the necessary confidence. Manik nodded his head and kissed her forehead. Nandini was shocked but felt a calmness on his actions.

There understanding each other, was bringing these childhood friends close and their hearts closer.

Nandini left the area, while going she also wished adi and shivaay.

----
Murthy industries
Conference hall

S: good morning sir, I am their CEO of murthy industries and will be heading the meeting today.