16

🔝 kinda what Elijah prepared for Skylar

I stand still and watch all the roses around me, Nico let's go of my arms and runs to Elijah's

"Dadda! I mwissed you."

"I missed you too Nico. I am so happy you are home. Go play in your room okay?"

"Yes dadda." With that he runs to his room.

I am out of my daze when I feel Elijah's hand on my cheeks, wiping tears which I didn't know were freely running.

"Shh shh Pearl. Don't cry my love."

"Elijah-"

"No Pearl, it's my turn to talk. Let's go sit down." He gently takes my hand and we sit down in the living room.

"Skylar you gave me two weeks to think, although I knew my choice the second I saw that letter, I respected your wishes. Those two weeks were hell. I gave myself all the work I could so that I wasn't in a constant worry. I don't know what were you thinking but let me just tell you that. I choose my family, I choose Nico, our baby and you. About the company, it's already mine so nobody can take it away from me. But don't ever pull that stunt on me. I hope you now see I will not gave my family for anything. I love you Skylar Pearl Gray."

"I am so sorry Elijah. I just wanted to give you a free choice, it was hell for me too. I promise not to push you away and to communicate. Sorry for always doubting and making things complicated. I love you too." I couldn't say anything else.

"So let's wipe those tears and you tell me how our baby is."

"Baby is doing great. Tomorrow we find out gender. Will you be there?"

"Of course love. What time?"

"At 1pm."

"Oh okay, I will have to hurry from a meeting but I will make it. I wouldn't miss is for the world."