Chapter 46

James lifted her of off her feet and soon was holding her bridal style, never breaking the kiss. He smiled as he heard a small yelp and laughter. 

"Wait!" Elizabeth said breaking the kiss. 

"What?" James said slightly annoyed. 

"We should put out the candles."

"Alright." James said walking back over to the table, still carrying her. 

"You know you can just put me down right?" 

"I know." James smirked. 

Elizabeth then blow out the candles and James was about to turn away again. 

"Wait!" Elizabeth yelled once more. 

"What is it this time?"

"Shouldn't we clean this up?" 

"Woman you're killing me..."

Elizabeth then chuckled kissing him again. 

"Ah you like that huh?" James said smiling as she broke the kiss. 

With that James put her down again. Confused Elizabeth watched him. He smirked right before saying. "You know what? You're right we should." And with that he cleared the entire table with one swipe of his arm. 

Everything, from the remaining dishes to the candles, crashed down to the floor. 

"James!" Elizabeth gasped as she watched it happen.

"What?" He said before lifting he up again and placing her on the table. "I fixed it." He said before continuing what he had wanted to do so badly earlier. 

The following morning the both of them got into work late, and both of them with a smile upon their faces. 

Natalie was sitting behind her desk, waiting for James to come in when suddenly the door opened. James walked in wearing his usual type of suit, but with his hair a little more wild then usual and with a slight stubble on his face. 

 "My my, looks like someone had a wild night." Natalie chuckled as James walked over to her. 

James laughed at that shaking his head, "What can I say, the lady couldn't resist me."

"So I take it it went well?" 

"It went great! And you my friend are getting a raise!" James said slamming his hand on the desk. 

Natalie laughed and thanked the slightly over enthusiastic James. She continued to question him about every little detail, until he had to get back to work. 

Elizabeth walked into the building later then usual and with a big smile on her face. 

"Well someone looks happy." Paul said as he watched her walk out of the elevator. 

"Someone is happy." Elizabeth replied stopping at his desk. 

"What's the occasion?"

"Well-" Elizabeth started, but was cut off by a yelp that came from Paul. 

"O My God! He proposed!" He all but screamed. 

"How did you?" She started again but was cut short once more. 

"Well first of all after all that with the house, I've been waiting for this moment. Furthermore you're in late, your hair is a mess and well lastly you're wearing a ring with quite a large rock miss thing."

At that Elizabeth laughed. "Alright, alright I get it." She looked down at her ring. "You know I must say, I do think it is a bit on the large side."

"Nonsense, when it comes to diamonds there is no thing as too large. Now give  me that hand." Paul said taking her hand and looking at the diamond. 

"Paul it's about the same width as my finger."

"O come on it isn't that big."

"But it is pretty close. I mean I wouldn't have minded having a lot smaller one. Or no diamond at all."

"That you can do for your wedding ring." Paul said. "O my god! When is the wedding? Have you thought about dresses yet? Have you picked a maid of honor yet?"

"Wow, hold it right there partner. He just asked me last night, you think the first thing we did together was planning?"

"Well either that or practicing for a family." Paul winked. 

James his mind wasn't really on his work the entire day. At around eleven O'clock in the morning he had his first meeting of the day, and if it wasn't for his new assistant he would have completely forgotten about it. 

"Sir?" She tentatively asked sticking her head around the door. 

"Yes?" James said looking up from his papers. 

"Mr. Robinson will be here any moment now." 

"Ah thank you." James replied getting up from his chair. "Open up conference room 2." 

James quickly checked his tie in the mirror before leaving the room and going to the conference room. 

At the ending of the meeting the James and Mr. Robinson sat and just talked for a moment. "So Mr. McGregor, tell me, how's life?"

"Very good, just got engaged actually," James replied chuckling. 

"Did you? Congratulations! I must say that I am surprised, after that job offer and all." 

"I'm sorry, what do you mean?" James replied, furrowing his brows. 

"Well I heard from Urrick about the offer he made Ms. Waverton. It sure as hell as a good one, wanted her to run the West Coast office. But I take it that she declined."

James was bafled by this statement. Was this true? and if so why hadn't she told him? Did she want to take that job?

"Didn't she tell you?"