Chapter Fourteen

A metallic thud sounded against the building Strange and Peter had been readying themselves at. The smallest groan resonated from where the thud had been, leading the two men to stand, subconsciously defenseless. They didn't know what enemies would surround them; this was Titan, not America, not Earth. Ebony Maw had been quite a challenge in New York, but they could never match Thanos or his followers completely.

Suddenly, Tony's head popped up from around the corner. Sighing, Strange evaporated his defenses.

"Oh, look. Metalman is back."

Tony stood from the ground, cracked skin with a clear cut embodied his top lip. His right arm hung over his stomach, a cocky expression still etched on his lips even after (Y/N) flung him half way across the landscape.

"Miss me?"

To Tony's surprise, a very rapid nod infiltrated Peter's body language. Instead of concealing any genuine happiness, though, the older gentleman flaunted a smile.

"Good to know somebody did."

Strange crossed his arms at Tony, "I told you not to do that."

"Do what?"

"Bother her. She has the same powers as a God, if not stronger. I told you that."

Tony shrugged, letting the blood from his cracked lip fall momentarily as a cocky expression came about. He wasn't certain he had been entirely aware of the powers the girl withheld previously, but he hadn't been oblivious to it either. He knew what he was doing when he got himself involved, he just didn't think she'd send him flying half way across her own damn planet.

"We've been hearing thuds all day," Peter remarked, suddenly looking to Tony, silently accusing him of the sounds, "Were those you?"

"Pffft," Tony scoffed, a loose, pained laugh came from his chest, "She probably wishes they were me."

"What did you do?"

"Well, I guess I kind of wanted to die, according to (Y/N) and her mystic powers, and she um... She sent me flying."

Strange sighed, right hand coming up to his forehead. A defeated look crossed his body and Tony almost felt kind of guilty for trying to help (Y/N). He knew he couldn't have done anything from the start, but in his mind it didn't hurt to try.

"Do you understand the severity of her powers and why they're so important to this whole thing?" Strange asked, folding his arms as he eyed Tony.

The metal-clad man swallowed harshly.

Of course he understood it. Why wouldn't he? The only thing he couldn't wrap his head around was how she could single handedly save the entire galaxy—on her own.

"Where are Peter and his pals?" Tony broke the silence, changing the subject.

"We've been here for a while and now you're asking that question?"

"They were apart of the plan. I assumed this was on purpose."

Strange scoffed, shaking his head in annoyance, "Right."

Suddenly, a loud, galactic sound reverberated throughout every part of Titan, shocking the three Avengers in the process. Out of instinct again, the three readied up, defense their only means of success at the moment. For a few seconds, they waited for the sound to show a maker, but suddenly a ship loomed over them, and out popped Quill, Drax, and Mantis.

Tony slid away his facial defenses and crossed his arms, annoyed at their arrival.

"How convenient."

"Miss us?"

"Sure, pretty boy."

Quill was about to say something until a rather deep, loud, rumbled yell rippled throughout the lands. This yell was so intense it managed to shake the surrounding architecture, created small cracks in the dirt, and almost knocked Peter and Mantis to the ground.

"Thanos..." Mantis whimpered.

Quill pivoted slightly to the Avengers, "How long... has he been here?"

"A good twenty minutes, I'd say," Tony answered nonchalantly, like they were discussing an unwanted party quest, "He's quite rowdy."

"You've got to be shitting me..." Quill mumbled and then clicked on something that was attached to his temple, a gadget/technical mask covered his face and before the Avengers could protest, he left with his team following suit.

A few moments passed by, the three men stood—watching, waiting.

Peter, with his arms crossed and eyes looking to where he could only guess Thanos and (Y/N) were, asked, "You think she'll fling them over here, too?"

Strange snorted, "Without a doubt."

Silence.

"Ya really think so?"

"Oh, for sure."

Silence.

"Strange, maybe they're actually help—"

Suddenly, screaming could be heard in the distance. Three different screams, to be exact. Without lack of timing, Quill, Drax, and Mantis flew overhead the three men, their bodies flung straight into the same building Tony's had been and he had to keep himself from laughing.

"Told you." Strange grinned, arms crossing triumphantly.

Tony walked toward the mangled team, hands on his hips, a cocky grin on his lips. He cocked his head to look at Quill while he was upside down.

"Back so soon?"