12. goodbye

Ella and Timmy stood at the gate of the airport facing each other. Neither of them had said anything so far, they just kind of stood staring at each other. Ella had her worn out jeans and Timmy's jumper wrapped around her.

"You got everything?" Timmy finally said, Ella just nodded. "Phone, wallet, keys, passport and your Polaroid?" Timmy read out, Ella just nodded her head faster with every word he said. Ella looked at her feet, ashamed that she was crying. Timmy lifted up her head with his fingers, his heart broke at the sight of her crying.

"Sorry" she mumbled, Timmy wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly while she cried.

"It's fine because I'm gonna try to come to LA next week and if not I'm coming to see you in a couple of weeks and then you come back to New York not long after that" Timmy rambled into her ear to try and calm them both down. Ella pulled away and wiped her tears.

"Okay." She breathed. The flight lady called for her flight to be boarded and she let out a long sigh.

"Don't forget to text me." He held her face in his hands as he spoke. Ella felt such heartbreak, that weekend had been one of the best in her life if not the best.

"Okay" Ella couldn't think of anything to say to him, all she wanted to do was cry. He kissed her hard, wanting it to last her the whole way home. He pulled away only for Ella to wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him again. This kiss lasted longer, Ella gripped onto Timmy's hair and never wanted to let go.

"God I really like you, this is so hard" Timmy breathed out, Ella's heart fluttered at his confession.

"I really like you too. This is just going to be one of many hard goodbyes we have to endure" Ella kissed him again, never wanting to stop and took a step back.

"I'll see you soon." He smiled, Ella took in a deep breath and nodded. Timmy passed her her bag that he had been carrying and she mentally prepared herself to leave. She gave him one last kiss and then turned round to get on the plane.

When Ella arrived back in London, it was like a part of her was missing. Lexie met her at the airport, holding a big sign saying 'Ella' which made Ella's heart ache. She gave her a huge hug, confusing Lexie as to whether or not her best friend had had a good time in New York.

"You okay?" Lexie worried about her. Ella nodded silently, knowing if she spoke she would cry. Lexie took her back, put an arm around her, and lead her away from the busy airport.

Once they were into Lexie's car, Ella hugged her best friend tightly and cried hard into her. Lexie didn't say anything at first, knowing she just needed to let it all out. When Ella had let out the first wave of sadness, Lexie asked what was wrong.

"He's just perfect and he's an amazing kisser and he's great in bed. He's everything I have ever wanted and he's half way across the world" Ella cried. Lexie tried to distract her mind away from the fact that Ella had just told her she had slept with him but it got too much. She had to ask.

"You had sex with him?" She asked out of curiosity. Ella laughed at Lexie's mind and wiped away her tears.

"Yeah, it was amazing" Ella laughed, Lexie's face grew proud. She never thought Ella would open herself up like that so quickly to a guy.

"Wow Elle, you must really like him" Lexie started her car and started to drive them home.

"It's weird how you can fall for someone in such a small amount of time" Ella confessed the feelings she didn't feel ready to confess to Timmy yet.

"That's great!" Lexie was so happy for her, she loved seeing Ella like this and was so glad it was about someone nice and sexy like Timmy. "So what did you do?" Ella sat herself up so she could tell Lexie about what they had done.

"So on Friday when I got there he took me to his friends party and oh my god Lexie, I smoked weed!" Ella burst with excitement.

"What! You never do that!" Lexie felt proud of Ella for trying new things and letting loose.

"I know! Then, on Saturday he took me to this adorable book shop that had this room full of vinyls, it was stunning and then yesterday we stayed in bed all day and he made me eat a Big Mac for the first time. Lex, he has a tv coming out from the end of his bed!" Ella gushed over Timmy which only made her miss him even more.

"Ella it sounds like you had a great time. When do you see him again?" Lexie wanted to know if Ella was always going to be this excited about life.

"Well, he's going to try to come to LA when we're there and then in a couple of weeks he's coming here to spend the weekend with me. Then of course we're spending a few months in New York filming from the first so I'll get to be with him then" Ella recited everything she knew. Lexie was slightly impressed and felt so overjoyed that they were making it work.

"Oh my god the sex is always going to be brilliant because you wouldn't have seen each other in a while" Lexie clutched Ella's arm as she made the realisation and Ella burst out laughing.

timmy: you got home safe?

ella: yep. i miss you.

timmy: not long now.

Lexie dropped Ella off at her apartment since she had to go home for work or something. Ella heaved herself up the stairs since the lifts were always broken, it only reminded her she needed to move.

She reached her apartment floor and went to unlock her door but it was already unlocked. Fear struck through her but even worse fear settled when she saw who was sat on her couch.

"Mum?" She was already fed up with her and she hadn't even spoken yet. Her mother stood up and put out her cigarette. "Could you not smoke in my home please!" Ella burst as she shut the door behind her.

"Where have you been? I have been calling you all weekend?" Her mother liked to act as if she had power over her daughter, but she didn't.

"In New York with a friend" Ella answered bluntly. She was not in the mood to talk to her mum, she was in the mood to watch romance movies, cry, and text Timmy.

"What friend? You don't have friends in New York" her mum spoke as if she knew her, as if they spoke, as if they were close. Ella did not want to discuss Timmy with most people, her mother was top of the list of people she wouldn't want to.

"Why are you here? I'm not in any legal trouble at the moment" if there was one reason for Ella to stay away from illegal stuff, it was the fact that she would have to see her lawyer, her mum.

"Robbie needs you to sign some contracts for the movie in May" she pulled out big wads of paper from her bag. "I've read them all, they all are in your benefit. Good money, good service, it's all good" her mum was awful but when it came to business she would never screw over her daughter so Ella signed the papers.

"Bye then" Ella said rudely but her mother was used to it by now. She knew she wasn't a good mother and had no intention of changing her ways.

"What have you been eating? You've put on a few pounds" her mother pointed out. Ella looked down subconsciously and mentally cursed herself for the Big Mac.

"Just what my nutritionist has told me" Ella muttered, Timmy was gonna get her fat and fired. Her mother analysed her even more, she couldn't put her finger on what it was but her daughter definitely looked different to her.

"You need a shower and wash that jumper, it smells like a boy has been living in it" Ella almost laughed but that would've just given everything away. She held the hem of Timmy's jumper with two fingers and felt the material. It smelled like him, his cologne, his natural smell, what he smells like in the morning.

"Okay, you can go now. I'm going to shower" Ella tried to shoo her mum out of her apartment.

"Give me your jumper, I'll wash it" Ella didn't know why she was suddenly offering to do her washing, it's almost as if she was trying to be a good mum.

"No. I can do it." Ella moved away from her mum as if she was going to tear it from her. Her mother didn't understand but when did she ever understand her daughter.

"Okay. I'll see you at the office" her mum leant in for a kiss which Ella had to let her. She kissed her cheek quickly before exiting Ella's apartment.