Betrayal.

When I returned back into the facility after detaining Helmut Zemo within the Quinjet I bared witness to the severing of a bond

Zemo's plan did work, and the two Avenging heroes were now at each others throats. Tearing each other apart. Their excruciating battle making the bunker shake, and tremble. 

Every Cryostasis Chamber had collapsed to the ground. The pipes, and rod iron structures un-tethered from the concrete walls. Their bolts limply strewn in stacks of titanium. 

Up above, past the grated platforms, the ceiling hatch of the silo had been busted shut for good, no longer able to latch open. 

I walked over the rubble, and headed closer to the War. The sounds of their screams, and clashes echoing in my ears.  

If you pull on the right thread the whole piece unravels, and that's what Zemo has done. As easy as a snap of the fingers he turned trust into betrayal. 

From afar I watched the Avengers fight together, and protect together for a couple of years now, and they had always been a symbol of light, and hope. But, like rifts in a pond their unflinching beacon of heroism had been splintering away for quite some time. And, now with the two leaders divided up the piece was only becoming more, and more broken. 

I headed deeper into the alcoves, and found them battling it out in front of a row of grey stone columns. The wicked snowy winds slithering in between the pillars. The mountainscape blurred in the white blizzardy distance. 

Stitch by stitch, I was watching everything be torn apart. 

Bucky had slammed Tony against the cement wall, and fought against him with everything he had. His metal hand ripping into Tony's red armor as he desperately tried to pull the Arc Reactor out, the powerhouse of Tony's famous suit. 

The systems blue light flickering in distress, sparking as it started to be forcefully gouged out by Bucky, who was screaming with all his might. 

But, then in one swift beam of light the Reactor protected itself. In turn, causing Bucky's bionic arm to be blasted right off at it's base. 

What was left just the shoulder, and frayed metal pieces that were aglow in fiery embers. 

I nearly shouted, bringing my hands up to my mouth to stay silent. 

I wanted to rush out onto the battlefield, and fight too, but I didn't dare. I knew that I had to remain unharmed so that once this was all over I could fly Bucky, and Steve out. 

I fought with myself, knowing I couldn't make a sound as I watched Tony gear up his palm Repulsor again, and knock Bucky to the stone floor. 

His destroyed cybernetic arm a few feet from him as he lay. 

The two heroes kept on at it. Both so relentless despite being bloody, and broken. They were fighting to the death, they were fighting to win, and they both looked so exhausted.