SBAWP | Chapter 44

I have a surprise for you!!! I'll be posting Rescued by a Wolf Pack, a bonus short story starring BronzeFlicker, in STAWP Bonus Stories later tonight! "What if Saffron never tried the Omega act? POW was Just Alpha Patton? And Logan and Saf got together a whole lot sooner? In this alternate universe bonus story, something unexpected changes Sold to a Wolf Pack history." 

" 

Saffron

"Why won't this door open?" POW shouts from the other side, sounding more and more pissed off by the second.

"Because... um... I can't?" Logan shoots me a panicked look and I cringe in embarrassment. We were literally making out while his dad was standing on the other side of the door. What if he heard something, like heavy breathing, or the sound of us kissing? I mean, it's bad enough we're in here alone, and that Logan was in the room while I was showering. Even if POW won't really care, especially after the whole Zara and Jasper blanket fiasco, that doesn't make it any less embarrassing.

"Why not?" POW snaps, banging on the door again for good measure.

"I'm doing wall squats," Logan calls out. "I mean door squats."

"You're what?" POW sounds momentarily confused, but then I can almost see him shrugging in acceptance. "Look, I need to talk to you. In my office. Now."

"We'll be right there." Logan grins in triumph.

"Just you, Logan."

"Sure. Yeah." Logan shrugs. "Give me two minutes?"

"Fine. Finish your exercise or whatever you're doing and then come see me."

I know POW's referring to the wall squats, or door squats, or whatever, as exercises... but the moment he says it, Logan snorts and then tries to cover it up with a coughing fit. My cheeks, meanwhile, flood with color, and the more Logan laughs, or coughs, the worse they get.

"Yes, Father," Logan finally yells, and to my relief, POW's footsteps fade down the hall.

For a second, I think Logan plans to kiss me again, or get some more of that exercise, but he suddenly looks very serious. "Saf, you have to learn to link now. We don't have much time."

"I can't." I shake my head, sending my still damp hair flying.

"Yes, you can."

"Not when my wolf is telling me to... to..."

"Just ignore her." Logan shrugs, like it's no big deal. "Whatever she wants to do, just say no."

"It's not that easy. What if she takes control and hurts someone... or... or..." makes me rip my clothes off and throw myself at Logan.

"She wants to hurt people?" he asks in concern.

"Well, no..." I sigh. "But I can't risk it. That's why I keep her locked up."