Chapter 14: Do Kyungsoo

Kai's P.O.V.

..She wants us to be strangers to each other.

I don't know why but that sentence of mine kept on flashing in mind. Why am I thinking it way too much? *sigh*

I just exited her ward once she said what she wanted to say to me. As I got out of the ward, I couldn't help it but to massage my temples out of frustration. I don't know why but somehow, Jaerim left an impact in my life and I can't seem to just forget her like she said... but if that's what she wanted then there's nothing I could do now.

“Hey, Kai. What are you doing here outside?” I heard Lay hyung's voice echoed in the hallway so I quickly look at him, with Sophie beside him. “Sophie here, said you were talking to Jaerim.” They continued to walk towards me and as Lay hyung speak.

“Are you okay, Kai?” My fiance asked as she brushed her hand on my bangs and touched my forehead.

“Ahh. Just headache.” I said— I mean, I lied. I just don't want to stay any longer here, knowing that Jaerim doesn't want me to be here nor to be in her life anymore..

“Oh. Then, let's go home.” She said, worriedly as she intertwined her hand into mine then faced Lay hyung. “Lay oppa. We need to go. Kai's having a headache.”

“Okay. Take care, guys. And Sophie, take care of Kai, please.” Lay hyung said to Sophie then smiled. Sophie smiled back to Lay hyung and then we left, exiting the hospital.

Sophie's P.O.V.

Once we exited the hospital and arrived at the parking lot, where Kai parked his car we immediately got inside his car. He sat on the driver's seat while I sat on the passenger's seat.

I glanced at him and I saw him, massaging his temples again out of frustration, maybe? and punched the steering wheel with his free hand. Kai? What's happening to you? “Kai. Are you okay? Is your head really aching that bad? Should I be the one driving?” I asked calmly, as I placed my hand on his broad shoulder.

He shook his head as he rested it on top of the steering wheel. “It's painful..He whispered, under his breath but I still managed to hear it. I knew Kai ever since we're kids. I know what's his face looks like, when he's really sick or just simply in pain.

And now, I could see the pain in his face. I furrowed my brows as I just stared at him. Why is Kai acting this way? He looks like he had been heart broken by the girl he loves...

As I thought of that, I gulped this lump on my throat, thinking that Jaerim was the last person he talked to.

Jaerim? I felt my eyes became watery, forcing my tears not to roll down.

I just looked at the car window beside me. “Kai. I want to go home. Start driving.” I said softly, but the bitterness inside me can't be hidden. Is there something going on between them?

Seconds later, I felt him started the car's engine and started driving smoothly.

--------------

As he stopped the car, I looked at the view outside through the window and I didn't notice that he drove me home. I guess I was too deep in thoughts, that I didn't notice everything. Before I got off the car, I kissed Kai on the cheek and bid him goodbye but as a response to me.. He did nothing. He didn't even look at me or at least glanced at me.