Chapter Nine

Ruby's P.O.V

Hunter's body was shaking with anger, I gasped when we made eye contact and I saw the hurt in his eyes. We're not exactly dating so I don't have any real obligation to him, but at that moment I felt the guilt of betraying his trust.

Joey stood up from the floor and started dusting off the dirt on his jeans when Hunter's flying fist came into contact with his face. I gasped when a loud cracking sound was heard and the blood started flowing from Joey's now crooked nose. He stumbled back a little from the impact but Hunter sent another punch to his face that sent him flying across the room, he was about to hit him again when the guys from before held him back.

Joey's head was the first thing that made contact with the stone cold floor, making a loud painful sound that made me flinch. I ran to his side and quickly put his head on my lap for comfort, his face was smeared with blood that was still running from his probably broken nose.

"Somebody call the ambulance!" I screamed in worry, they all looked alerted and some were still struggling in keeping reins of Hunter.

"We can't fucking do that, this'll just have to do" the guy that told me the schedule came up from behind me with a first aid kit.

He lifted Joey's head off of my lap and pulled him up so that he was standing,  he groaned and started rubbing the back of his head in circles in hopes of easing the pain. He slowly opened his eyes and adjusted them to the bright fluorescent lights around us.

" Jim what the fuck happened?" he groaned out.

"You pissed off Axe that's what happened you dumbass" Jim replied with a roll of his eyes.

So Axe was Hunter? Oh I get it now! It's his stage name! I stood up and looked around to find that group that was trying to restrain Hunter was now gone, I turned back around to see that Jim was helping Joey walk to a room that seemed like an office.

"He's in the changing room" yelled Jim before he slammed the door to the office shut.

I hesitantly started walking towards the changing room when I heard crashing noises, they kept getting louder as I got closer. I stopped in front of the door and put my ear against it to eavesdrop, I waited a couple of seconds but the only thing that I heard were grunts, grumbles and the same loud, crashing noises.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door when the noises stopped, I stepped in to find the changing room a complete mess. By mess I mean dented and broken lockers, shards of what was supposed to be mirrors on the floor and holes in the concrete wall.

There was spots of blood all over the floor and the walls, worry came over me as I kept following the tiny trail of blood deeper into the room. My heart clenched when I found Hunter sitting on a bench trying to wrap his bloody hands with bandages.

I took small and quiet steps towards him when I accidentally stepped on broken glass that was on the floor, which made a loud sound. He snapped his head up in my direction his eyes were wild and angry, they were the eyes of a beast.

I continued my steps towards him with his eyes watching my every move and knelt down in front of his injured hands. I raised my hand and attempted to grab the bandage from his hold when he moved out of the way, I sighed and looked at him.

"Let me do this" I said, "Please" I pleaded.

He looked at me for a few seconds before placing it in my open palm, I took off the bandages that he wrapped himself and started cleaning up his wounds with rubbing alcohol. He didn't even wince when I was dabbing his wounds with the disinfectant nor when I was tightly wrapping the bandages around his hands.