6 - Sharing

Three Weeks Later

Sitting down on their bed, Hermione decides she should start writing her essay on witch and wizard influences in the muggle community. It wasn't due for a week and a half but she wanted to get it over with. So there she sat with her quill, parchment, and tabletop on her bed writing her 60-centimeter-long essay in the silence of her room.

It was beginning to get colder at Hogwarts, snow was gracing the grounds outside and it was chilly in Hermione's room. Deciding she was not okay with the cold temperature in her room she cast a quick incendio to the fireplace that they were lucky enough to have. Once the room began to warm up, Hermione came to the end of her essay and decided to see if anyone was in the common room, as a second option Hermione grabbed a close by muggle book that she had enjoyed reading many times over.

The fireplace was heating the room in the common room also, but no one was there, meaning Hermione could read her book in the peace and quiet of the much warmer common room.
Without realizing it, Hermione slowly fell asleep while reading, the fire was reducing to mere cinders and the temperature had dropped dramatically, making Hermione shiver in her sleep.

Draco had just made his way back to the common room after Quidditch practice when he saw Hermione sitting on the couch fast asleep, shivering from the cold. He couldn't understand what had made her put shorts and a tank top on in this weather, but nonetheless, she was shivering and he definitely did not want to wake her up and feel her Gryffindor wrath.

Opting not to wake her up, he went for the better option, Draco carefully picked her up and wrapped her arms around his neck, careful not to wake her, and carried her into their room so she could sleep peacefully in the warmth of their shared bed.

Before he could put her down and be released from her grip that had tightened, she pulls him down and mumbles a quiet 'Stay'.
He ends up staying with her, feeling awkward and stiff for a long time until he himself finally falls asleep, barely touching Hermione, if he was at all.

\\~//

Hermione woke up to her head on a hard, warm pillow, she was confused as she was used to soft pillows and she had fallen asleep on the couch in the common room...so how did she end up in here?

Finally going to get up, Hermione starts to sit up but has trouble doing so when she realizes there was an arm wrapped around her waist that she had not noticed when she woke up.

Realizing that there was a strong man in her bed with his arm around her, Hermione did the obvious thing and screamed, she was too nervous to actually look to see who it was, but when Draco's voice cuts her screaming off, she isn't very surprised.

"Woah woah woah, stop screaming; you're gonna wake the whole castle up!" Draco says yawning as Hermione stops screaming

"Can you...remove your arm?" She asks awkwardly

He mumbles a quick yes and removes his arm from around her

"Um...Why are we in the same...bed?" She asks him

"Well, you were asleep in the common room and you were shivering and I figured it would be warmer in here so I brought you in here because I didn't want to face your wrath by waking you up and you being angry, so as you know I picked you up and brought you in here and then you wouldn't let go of me when I tried to leave so I was just sitting down next to you and I guess I must have fallen asleep..." He rambles and rambles

"...Thank you Draco. Especially for not leaving me out there to get sick. I know we've said that we take the bed on opposite days, but you've been letting me have it this entire time and I want you to take it for a while, it's only fair." Hermione tells him

"Hermione, it's fine. I don't mind the couch, but I would like for us to hang out more, we haven't hung out in forever. I want to know you better, it's been a month since we were sorted. We only have 11 more months. That is my deal." He smirks

"Fine. As long as you at least take the bed just for tonight. How about we go to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" She suggests knowing he was right

"Sounds good to me. So...Would you classify this as, well, a date?" He smirks looking at her

Hermione is silent for a second, thinking about whether this would be called a date or something else, she and Draco were becoming pretty good friends, they had lots in common and he had turned into a good man, he was different than his past self. She wouldn't mind calling it a date...seeing as they had to get married anyway...in 11 months.

"Sure." She smiles finally getting out of the warm bed to put more clothes on and head to the great hall for dinner, which was close to ending by the watch she had read on Draco's wrist.

Draco was still sitting in the bed, a bit shocked that she had agreed to call it a date, He was thinking about the many things they could do before she interrupted his thoughts, asking if he was going to come down for dinner.

"Uh, Yeah, let me fix my hair." He mumbles jumping out of the bed

"Leave it, I like it messy." She blushes walking out of their room.

Hermione could not believe that she had just said that, she had basically complemented how he looked, she told him she had noticed these little things, she had just told him that she liked his appearance, she had basically told him she liked him...but she didn't...right? it had only been a month!

"I am thinking way too far into this! All I did was compliment him! Goodness!" She mumbled to herself walking to the door of the common room and waiting for him to walk down together.

Draco finally walks out of their room with his hair left just as she had liked, messy and soft looking. Hermione really hated it when he gelled it back so far as he used to. She loved it messy.

"Ready to go? Thanks for leaving it. You look much more approachable this way." she smiles as they walk out of the portrait hole together

Once they get to the Great Hall they part ways, Hermione to the Gryffindor table and Draco to the Slytherin table.

Whether Hermione knew it or not, Draco was taking a liking to the brown-eyed girl, every once in a while even stealing glances at her from across the room. And whether Draco knew it, Hermione was slowly starting to do the same.

\\~//

This chapter is so cute, I love it so much!
Sorry for the late update! I was super ill all day yesterday.
Thanks for being patient!
Xx Shelby