Chapter LXII

A few weeks have already passed and I still haven't seen Cayden. Not that I want to see him, but maybe seeing a glimpse of him would make me feel better because I know that he's already better.

We haven't really crossed paths with each other since I got the news from Logan and Noah that Cayden has been discharged from the hospital.

I went to the boutique where my mom got her dressed fix. Turns out she back down Liam's offer of buying her a thousand dollar wedding dress. The dressmaker needs my measurements (again) for a dress that my mom has picked out for me to wear to her wedding.

My mom thought that I lost weight and wants me to go to Lorraine's boutique just to make sure that the size of the dress fits well perfectly. Although I haven't seen the dress my mom picked out for me. But, I have seen her wedding dress.

"Hey, how ya doin'?" Lorraine has a southern accent. I smile at her greeting as I placed my bag on the couch.

"I'm good. So, I see that your boutique is now quite famous in this part of the town. Got any customers that are high fashionistas?" I asked her as I scan the boutique with my eyes. Lorraine grabs her measuring tape and starts measuring my hips.

"I did! I got a special order from a rich lady that is willing to pay twice as the usual price that I gave her for her dress, " She says as she starts writing all the measurements on her little notebook.

Lorraine is one of my mom's closest friends she made here. She was the first person to welcome us in the neighborhood. She lived a few blocks away from our house but her boutique is quite far from ours.

"Thanks to your mom's boyfriend, my boutique has been selling out since!" she says, "Alright. I got your measurements. I'll just be adjusting the zipper from the back since you've lost some weight."

"Oh? So, when will you deliver us the dresses?" I asked as I grab my bag on the couch. Lorraine looks at her little notebook and looks back at me.

"By tomorrow. All of the dresses are ready, I just have to adjust your size, " She said and I smiled at her. "Now, I'll see you guys on Monday."

Right, Monday. Two days left and It's going to be my mom's wedding. Two days left and its official that my new dad is Liam and my step-brothers are Cayden and Will.

"Are you excited for your mom's wedding?" Lorraine asks as I turn around, gave her a last look before leaving the boutique.

"Ecstatic," I comment, even though It's obvious that I'm being sarcastic about it.

I left the boutique and decided to head down to my favorite coffee shop. I seriously am addicted to the smell and taste of coffee, which makes me a coffee lover, of course. I hopped in my car and turned on the engine, I start driving.

I think about Cayden as I drive alone. It feels lonely without him but, I made the right decision. This is for the best, the betterment of our lives. I can't just choose a boy over my mom, that's the least I could do, especially when it comes to choosing between my mom and Cayden.

Although, I miss those precious moments we had—that we both shared. The time he gave me new shoes, took me to his special place and the time when we first kissed, calling me his and me, making the bad boy, himself, fall in love with the girl who never even once tried hard enough.

He loved everything that I see as a mistake and those mistakes that I did. He truly believed in me and he opened up his heart once again, just to love me. Am I just going to give up?

Yes and no. I did not give up because I don't love him anymore, I gave up because my mother's happiness is way more important than mine.

Stop being selfless. Stop being selfless. Cayden's words kept on repeating inside my head. Stop being selfless. Stop being selfless. If he only knew how much I wanted to have a family again.