Five

Raelynn dropped to her bed and rubbed her face with her hands.

"Of course... why does he have to be here?" she muttered to herself. Her chameleon squeaked. "This is bad Zivon..." she sighed. "Why didn't I listen to Cecilia?" she buried her head in her pillow. As soon as she said that, Cecilia walked into the room.

"Rae?" she questioned, concerned at the fact her friend had her face buried in her pillow. "What happened? Are you ok?" she asked, sitting down on the bed.

"I should have listened to you." Rae spoke into the pillow. "This is a disaster."

"About what?" Ceci asked. "I'm so confused"

"Him. He's the son of Mother Gothel." Rae sighed, sitting up and hugging her pillow. "He heard me singing... and he was in the room!"

"I tried to warn you..." Ceci shrugged. "Was he cute?"

"Cecilia!" Rae hit the blonde with a pillow. "He's my enemy!"

"Why?" Ceci asked. She tended to be a bit clueless at times.

"Because his mother is the villain of my mother's tale! She kidnapped my mother after all and tried to kill my dad!" Rae said, her tone a mix of distress and annoyance.

"Ohhh." Ceci said. "But he's not his mother. He doesn't have to be your enemy. Look at Audrey and Mal. Or Evie and Doug."

"Yes he does, C." Rae shook her head. "He was so cocky and proud... it was annoying. Greyson Gothel."

"That's an attractive name." Ceci sighed. "But then again, remember how Jay was when he met Maddie and Audrey."

"Cecilia! I'm not going to fall in love with him like Jay did with Maddie or Mal with Ben or Evie with Doug. It's. Not. Happening. He's annoying." Rae shook her head, sighing. "Just wait till you meet him, you'll see."

"You never know. Love works in mysterious ways. Like my mom and dad for example."

"Your mom and dad's love is just weird okay." Rae shook her head, standing up and starting to paint again.

"Just because they met at a psychiatrist waiting room doesn't mean it's weird, ok?" Cecilia argued

"Sure, C." Rae laughed a little, rolling her eyes. "Not at all weird."

"Your dad met your mom by sneaking in into her tower and then she knocked him out with a frying pan!" Ceci pointed out. Rae rolled her eyes.

"Not weirder than meeting at a psychiatrist's." she said as she continued to paint.

"He broke in, she knocked him out and blackmailed him into freeing her from her psycho adoptive mother, later finding out that he had stolen from her biological family. How isn't that weirder than meeting in a hospital waiting room?"

"No comment." Rae rolled her eyes again, smiling as she continued to paint, carefully setting her paintbrush down soon after. "I'm finally done." she stepped back to admire the painting. It was of a boat floating across a lake, lanterns scattered across the night sky.

"Great, now can we go do something outside?" Ceci begged.

"Fiine." Rae said, rubbing the paint off her nose. "But I'm taking this." she picked up her frying pan. "Don't worry Zivon, we're not leaving you here." she smiled, stroking the chameleon's chin.

"Why are you taking the pan? We aren't cooking." Ceci asked. "Not after last time anyways."

"Just in case I need to hit someone with it." Rae muttered. "And let's not remember what happened when I tried to cook."

"And where are your shoes?" Ceci questioned.

"I don't need them." Raelynn shrugged. "I thought you'd know by now that I don't wear them." she laughed slightly, glancing down at her bare feet.

"A best friend can hope." Ceci sighed. "I'm not carrying you to the nurse if you step on glass again."

"I'll be fine, C." Rae shrugged, walking towards the door. "It wasn't that bad."

"Tell that to the blood on my shoes." Ceci muttered following her best friend.

"After you." Rae bowed mockingly after rolling her eyes, holding the door open for Cecilia.

"Thank you." Ceci said and promptly slipped on the same pencil Grey had earlier. "Ow."

"Sorry." Rae kicked away the paintbrush and held out her hand to help Cecilia. "I really need to stop leaving my art stuff lying around."

"You really do Raelynn." Cecilia said.

"Yeah yeah just get up." Rae laughed. "Full name and everything." Cecilia took Rae's hand and pulled herself up.

"Now come on, let's go outside. Like you were so eager to before." Rae said, holding her frying pan over her shoulder and starting to walk.