208

Those words that flooded the drug store made my heart stop beating. The sounds of gunshots and screams made Briar start crying as Harry whipped her off the counter and grabbed my hand.

He pulled me deeper into the store as my heart raced.

"Harry was th-"

"Shh!" He whispers while rushing us to the back of the small store. He runs me to the back of the aisle, placing me behind it and handing me Briar who was crying. The back of the shelf was only one person width, so I had to stay still in order to be hidden.

"Shhh baby it's okay." I nuzzle her into my chest and bouncing her a bit, feeling my heart race and my throat run dry.

"We need to call the authorities!" I state to Harry.

"No! Salvation will show up and have all three of us shot before we could blink. I will get us out of this." He stands in front of me, his body pressed lightly to mine while my back was against the end of the shelf.

"How!" I say in worry while trying to calm Briar.

"Stay here." Harry whispers sternly to me.

"Where are you going?" I say in worry.

"I'm going to go stop whatever is going on before they come back here." He says while lifting up the hem of his shirt and grabbing the gun in his waistband.

"Harry no!" I whisper shout, grabbing his arm. "You can pull out a gun here! If the police show up then you'll be arrested too for having a weapon. For all they know you could be one of these guys as well."

I didn't even know he was carrying a gun.

"Amelia I can't sit here and wait for them to come and shoot you both! What do you want me to do!" He takes off his sunglasses.

I hear another gunshot, making me feel sick to my stomach.

"Give me the fucking money!" I hear a man shout to what I'm guessing was the cashier, making me hold Briar tighter as she cries into my neck.

"Just stay here, please." He kisses my forehead then the back of Briar's head.

Harry walks down one of the aisles, making me pinch my eyes shut and try to control my breathing. I hear another gunshot, and it just makes me flinch a bit and immediately look around the corner to see where that shot came from.

I saw Harry still slowly walking down it, but when I looked on the other side the shelves, I saw a man in a black ski mask, holding the collar of a mans shirt with a gun to his face, making him take out all the money in his wallet.

"Shh." I hush into Briar's ear as she cries from the gunshots and the sounds of people pleading for their lives. My heart was pounding and all I wanted was for her to be safe. But her crying was going to sooner or later draw all the attention.

I pinched my eyes shut and held her tightly, feeling my palms sweat and my breathing hitched. I was terrified, and not for my own life, but for our daughters.

But I'll do anything to get her out without a scratch on her body.

Harry Styles

I tiptoed as quiet as I possibly could in these large boots, holding my gun to my side and my back against the shelf. I heard the noises of people screaming in fear and the ruffling of change. And the worst part of it all was I could hear the sounds of my own baby crying.