[26] Sword of Justice

"NEVERMORE"

Jin's blood went cold at the violent screech, his body fixed to its place out of panic and fear.

The whole ballroom had erupted, swords being drawn, people yelling, and all he could do was stare, his mouth parted open.

He would have remained there the entire time if a strong, familiar hand had not grabbed his wrist harshly and yanked him toward the wall behind the two thrones, Jin dragging his feet, believing this person was about to smash him into the wall.

"Jin stop resisting let's go!" Namjoon's voice yelled, gliding behind the tapestry and sliding open a door Jin had not been aware of previously.

Jin's heart began to calm slightly, knowing it was not some stranger pulling him along to his death.

Namjoon was running, as fast as his legs could go, down a long corridor that seemed to have no ending, dragging a baffled Jin behind him, attempting to process what exactly was going on.

The stone walls whizzed by, the path appearing to be never ending, the darkness swallowing any view of the distance whole, as Jin attempted to contemplate how something like this could exist in the palace without his knowing. It explained why it was so dusty and unkempt.

Finally, Jin had enough of this running and forced Namjoon to stop, pulling him down, breathing hard, his lungs heaving as a result of the uncommon strenuous activity.

"NAMJOON WHAT IS GOING ON"

"WHERE ARE WE"

"AND WHO THE HELL IS ATTACKING MY CASTLE"

Jin was terrified, more than he would admit. His palms were dripping, his head spinning, and now, his eyes crying, as he gazed upon the pale face of his husband.

Namjoon fell to the ground, cushioned only by the upward pull of Jin's hand on his, of exhaustion and paralyzing fear.