Calm Down Strange

"Mordo's been telling me you've been having problems with casting spells." You mused as you slowly paced in front of Strange. The room was silent save for the steady tapping of your shoes hitting the ground and your robes rustling with every movement.

"Yeah, so." Strange retorted and crossed his arms like an insolent child.

You stopped walking and glared at him. "I don't have to be here. I could just walk out that door and do my own training." You pointed at the dark brown door to the room.

"You wouldn't." Strange countered smugly, "you listen to every beck and call of the Ancient One." You ground your teeth at his comment and clenched your fists. Strange noticed this, and it did nothing to wipe off his smug smile which you so dearly wanted to do.

"Show me." You commanded suddenly. When he didn't do anything you gesticulated with your hands, "go on. Show me how you cast a spell."

Strange moved back into position and went through the motions of drawing a line in the air, spinning it around to make a circle, and then punching through the center of the circle."See, it just doesn't work." He sighed in a clearly frustrated way as no spark of red matter appeared in the air in front of him.

"At least your form looks good." You noted. You furrowed your brows as you tried to think of how to explain spell casting to Strange. You too drew a line through the air, spun it around in a circle, then punched through the center. Except when you did the motions, red matter appeared and your punch resulted in a wave of air and sparks exploding out.

"How do you do that?" Strange demanded and started to pace frustratingly. "Everything I do doesn't work!"

"Calm down Strange." You snapped and your eyes followed him as he agitatedly walked back and forth, "I can't focus with you moving around like that. And," he stopped walking, "it just happens. I can't explain it. It's almost like I'm pulling the matter out of thin air."

"That helps." Strange scoffed and continued his angered pacing.

"Imagine it." You walked up to him and put your hands in front of him to stop him from walking around, "close your eyes and imagine you're pulling the matter from another dimension. Like you're pulling a thread." You stepped back and let him put his hands out in front of him. His hands moved through the air as if he were pulling a thread but to no avail.

"It's not working (l/n)." He growled as he opened his eyes and saw no signs of the magical red matter.

"Be patient. Do it a couple of times. Focus on it."

"Everything is about focus and patience, isn't it?" he snapped and threw his arms in the air, "that's all I hear. Every day! Day in and day out!"

"Because that's how it is!" you shouted in return. "You didn't become an acclaimed neurosurgeon overnight! You need to focus when you're doing neurosurgery! I didn't get here overnight." You drew a line in the air, spun it in a circle, pushed out and squares formed around it. Turned it forty-five degrees and clapped your hands together to create an intricate shape in front of you. You pushed out at the center of the circle and a burst of air rushed out from your shape. "This took me months to do, and you're complaining because you can't do it in days."

"Everyone else can." He grumbled angrily, "I'm used to being at the top of the class. You can't just expect me to be fine with being at the bottom."

"Okay, what helps you learn?" you prompted.

"Reading about it. I can't just see it." He shook his head, "I need to know everything about it."

You nodded, "are you aware that we have a library?"