02

Chapter Two | Go long

"I am not carrying this thing around with me all day. I refuse!" Corrie held out her babydoll with a disgusted look on her face. Her doll compared to mine was way prettier. It's skin wasn't peeling and it eyes didn't look like they wanted to possess anyone.

I entered my locker combination and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't understand what we're supposed to do if it cries in any of our other classes." I said.

Corrie let out a sigh, leaning against her locker. Her light eyes roamed around the crowded halls of Redwood High, only to land on Griffin. He stood awkwardly by the boys restroom with his hands in his coat pockets.

"Oh Griffin," Corrie shouted catching the boys attention before skipping over to him. Completely ignoring River and Tamir in the process as they walked past her confused.

"What's up with her?" River asked sending me a look of confusion as Tamir nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, why is she talking to Griffin James of all people?" He asked.

I reached inside my backpack and pulled out the plastic doll I'll be stuck with for the next few months. "Because of this," I held out the doll for the guys to see and both their eyes went wide. "Griffin is her partner for the fake baby project."

River was the first to reach out and snatch the baby from my hands. He looked at it was such amazement, as if he's never seen a babydoll before.

"Wow. I can't believe you two are actually doing that. I told you Tamir, we should've taken that class with them." River started rocking the baby like it was in cradle and I couldn't help but chuckle at him.

Tamir rolled his brown eyes at the scene before sending River a look. "And have to be responsible for that thing for a few months? Hell no. I heard the project is like a major part of your final grade as well."