Chapter 150: Bliss of the Black Abyss

Why did Firea-Madeline de Libellule fall anyway?

     She was destined to die. In the game, which was fake...in precognitive dreams and in the orb of the forbidden land, which were reality. In both states of being, the third henchman was scheduled to die before her fifteenth birthday.

     But why?

     Was that something the game and the world just had in common? Did the game writers of whatever studio "My Love For You Only!" had popped out of, form the future? Or predict it? Or was it something that the world had decided long ago, and then it was just coincidence that that otome game had popped up in Japan? Clearly, the results of Firea-Madeline's character had no influence on her future, since both as a degenerate and as a sort of stressed-out do-gooder, she was still soon to face an end...

     So I was curious.

     Firea-Madeline de Libellule, the girl that never was since I took her body before she could leave the Life Cycle, despite being queued up next...

     How did she come to be the way that she was, in the game? A "degenerate." A "henchman."

     A "failure." An "idiot."

     How did the degenerate girl, who sacrificed herself as a henchman idiot when deemed a failure at the tender age of fourteen, become all of those things?

     Earl de Libellule was an upright nobleman that did his best from a young age to be in charge of the de Libellule territory. He married young as well, having twins with his first wife, before she mysteriously passed away in a sudden...whatever happened.

     Why was he placed in charge of his territory at such a young age? Certainly, he was capable, but wasn't it tradition that the noble in charge of it would only give it up when they were ready to? Some nobles don't take over their territories even when they're capable yet. Also, despite being an earl which is a few steps from being the most powerful noble title in the kingdom, he lives so quietly and hardly deals with the king or any capital affairs. And why marry so young, when he had plenty of time? A few more years wouldn't have mattered if he waited to marry. And what happened to his wife?

     Anastasia de Libellule was the "Firefly" of the "White Crescent Guild." She departed her homeland at a young age and adventured for years before ending up as the second wife of the upright nobleman. She gave birth to one daughter, which she showered with love.

     Well, that's just what I experienced. It's also possible that that deviated from the game's story, because I don't know how strictly the game and the reality followed each other until the beginning of the game. I don't think Firea-Madeline of the game would've been able to be a stillborn and still continue in the game, unless the stillborn event was just my taking over the body.

     Adri de Libellule was a twin brother and future heir of the de Libellule household. He was meant to be a capture target when attending the magic academy in the capital, Leonera. His role was as a sweet younger brother figure, always friendly.

     How did he manage to grow up sweet and kind while Firea-Madeline was an absolute idiotic degenerate?

     Hera de Libellule was a twin sister and would go on to have a bright future after graduating from the academy. She was an outgoing, strong, upright character just like her father, and a friend of the heroine and countless others that she approached with her honest personality.

     How did she manage to grow up so well, just like her brother, when their younger sister was such an-

     There was very little said about the de Libellule family in "My Love For You Only!" They merely had a bit of background in order to give some substance to the twins and their place in the story, but knowing their home life was something that didn't make it into the scenes. It was difficult to even connect that the henchman, the capture target, and the heroine's friend, were all blood-related siblings unless you heard their last names. Their personalities and appearances could not be more different.