‡ Chapter 21 ‡

OHMAGAWD. I'm GONNA CRY for Brazil. 7- 1 ... ;( Finals are Germany and Argentina! Who are you rooting for?  #TeamArgentina

I am in the wilderness as we speak.  Has anyone ever gone camping? 

Trees...so much trees...

Wish more me to not get eaten by bears since that would really suck.

Thank you for over 200K reads! And #2 on Action and #3 on Sci Fi is blessed, honey.  Gosh... here comes the tears...

WARNING: LONG CHAPTER. I REPEAT—LONG CHAPTER. Gather your popcorn and Coke (ew. Pepsi.), all genres and questions will be revealed.

And answers ;) 

4am now. Not edited. I'm so sorry. 

Please vote! :)

Ϯ ϯ Ϯ

I don't know what drug I was on.  Or what crazy voodoo shit those nurses put in my skin, but whatever it did made me impulsive since the next thing I did was something I thought I'd never do.  

I hugged Romane. 

Yep.  I was fucked up. 

His muscles tightened and I knew this was hard to believe but I felt his heart stop.  I buried my head into his shirt, inhaling the scent of pine which I found relaxing.

Creatures of the Earth, I award this as the second most awkward moment of my life.

Because he didn't hug back.

May the awkwardness begin...

Yet I didn't think anything could beat number one.

Awkward: Your phone going off on full volume at a funeral. 

Even more awkward: Your ringtone being 'I Will Survive'.

Some things on the Internet do actually happen... 

The humiliation not shaking off, I released my grip with a low apology. 

"It's fine," he rumbled quietly. 

Digging ways to change the subject once again, I asked, "How come the Snipers are after me?"  

Good save, Jess.  And for the future: Just because you're a tree hugger doesn't mean you have to embrace everything that has a big, thick, long, branch...

Heat whipped across my face and I mentally cursed at the immature voice.  Thankfully Romane didn't notice the battle happening in my head.   

"To be honest, I'm not sure," he replied. 

Surprised he didn't hold the answer, I told myself that made sense.  The man couldn't know everything.  Even though it felt like it. 

"While the answers remain uncertain," he looked towards me, illustrating a serious expression, "I know they will persist on catching you and possibly hurting you.  Therefore you must be ready for their next attack."  He gave me a once over.  "I presume you didn't complete your Dynamo training?" 

I nibbled on the insides of my cheek, breathing a sheepish chuckle.  "Is it that noticeable?" 

"I'm afraid so," he said with an amused smile.  He rested a hand on my arm, a sudden coldness rushing underneath.  "I will train you first thing in the morning.  Be prepared because these weeks will be exhausting and brutal."

"Ode to joy."

+++

It starts with a simple gust of Mother Nature.