Entry 23

10th November, XXXX

Pinkish flowers, red flaming leaves, pearly green sea... I want to see this world. 

I am lost and confused, I want to find Liana Cain back. I need some time alone seeing the world and when I return, maybe I will become a more mature and stronger self. I realized I am just a sheltered girl all along, living under the wings of my family and the the wings of Sebastian. 

I decided to go travelling. Leave Arerin. 

Since I am such a rich lady now (no matter what I said, Sebastian was determined to give me his fortune), travelling around the world isn't a problem. And as a distinguished and educated lady, of course I would not run away from home and go travelling by myself like some of the heroines in novels. 

I told my family about my wish and they are all very understanding. Probably due to the fact that they misunderstand. They thought I was deeply hurt by Sebastian who betrayed me or maybe even cheated on me. They believed I wanted to leave the country to avoid Sebastian. 

I didn't correct them. Sebastian did betray me, just not what they were thinking. Go take that Sebastian! My tiny revenge before I leave. 

My family organized everything. From the guards, carriage, footmen, maids... Everything. Of course I did not leave immediately. I spent time with my family, took time planning the trips I am going to take. 

So two months later, I am ready to set off. 

My first stop is to visit my aunt and Sally in Zehan. For someone who has never traveled alone, it's of utmost importance to start easy. I doubt I should go across the continent without a drop of experience. 

Should I bring the seashell pendant with me? That's the question floating in my mind for a few days. 

I should throw it away. The relationship between Sebastian and I ended. The thing it signifies breaks months ago when Sebastian once again betrayed my trust. But why am I so reluctant in throwing it off? Why? 

Mother found me when I was pacing around the room.

"Liana dear, are you nervous?" 

"A bit. Who won't be on the verge of a long journey on their own?"

Mother gave me a huge hug. "I am sure you will enjoy your trip! You don't have to worry. Who are you? Practical and sensible Liana! You have everything planned and prepared. So don't worry! Be more confident in yourself!"

Confidence. 

One of the things I have lost during my time as Queen of Arerin. Something I want to gain back.

I gave Mother a grateful smile. "I will send you lots of souvenir, Mother."

Mother nodded happily. "I was waiting you to say this. Good daughter. Buy me a hat by the talented Madam Hathaway in the capital of Zehan. A necklace by the renowned jeweler in Edehan....."

"Mother, you came to send me off just to give me a list of demands, right?"

"Of course. Now go and have fun, my dear rich daughter. Don't forget to buy my souvenirs!"

"Sure, sure mother." I rolled my eyes. "Anything more you want me to bring you?"

"When I think of other things, I will mail you the list. Don't you worry for me, my good daughter."

I laughed out loud. "I am just worrying about my own purse." 

Mother pretended to be offended. "I thought you were a good daughter!"

I winked. "My purse is more important." 

Departure is nearing. One moment we were joking around, the next tears seemed to well in my mother's eyes as well as mine. 

With a gentle pat on my face, Mother said, "It's good to see you more energetic, Liana. Have fun and don't forget to..."

"Buy you Madam Hathaway's hat, Edehan royal jeweler necklace..."

"Well yes, one cannot forget those shiny things. But also don't forget to write back home, my dear daughter. Your family is always here for you. Whenever you miss home, you can always come back. We're waiting for you."

I tried to hold back a sob, but I could not. 

I gave my mother a warm hug. And with the blessing of my family, I set off. 

A new journey, a new start. 

-----------------

Author's note

A new start for Liana! What will she encounter in her journey? 

Hope you like this chapter!! As for Sebastian, you're not a reader's favorite at the moment. I hope you can redeem yourself in the near future XD

I am currently writing the final few chapters for this story. I think Liana's story will end with 30 something chapters! Do you want bonus chapters?

Thank you you readers!! It hit 28.3k! XD 

See you next time!