Chapter 34

"What part of I don't want you near me you didn't get!?" I yelled at Harry. This couldn't be real. Like what have I done to make him enjoy seeing me angry? He has some twisted sick fixation with making me feel miserable and tormenting me. 

"Wow, wow. Calm down, baby." He said laughing and raising his arms in defence. "I was just passing by and thought you might need a ride." By the look on his face I knew he was lying.

"No, thanks." I said, turning around. I kept walking but I felt the sound of Harry's motorcycle coming closer again. I looked back and he was driving slowly next to me. I rolled my eyes. God, he could be so annoying. I tried to ignore him but he made it impossible. I could feel his gaze on the back of my head and that hideous engine sound. "Are you going to drive next to me till I get where I'm going?"

"I don't have anything else to do." He said smirking. I must say that I'm impressed. It must require a great amount of dedication to be this obnoxious and annoying. Or it's just something effortless for him to do. "Where are you going?"

"That's none of your business." I crossed my arms and started walking faster. Why couldn't he leave me alone? 

"Come on, Raiza." Harry said playfully. "You can't be mad for ever." I didn't answer and acted like I was looking something on my bag. "Baby, I'm really trying." He said. "You didn't tell me what I had to do to make you forgive me so-"

"I told you to stay away from me but of course you didn't do it." I glared at him. He was unbelievable. Harry was turning the tables on me and making me look like I was the bad one.

"I tried but something happened that I had to intervene." The tone in his voice sounded strange. I turned around and he was frowning. Then his eyes met mine, making me feel a little dizzy. "I couldn't stay away from you."

He was the one who had found me in the woods. Harry had told Rue and Cam that something was wrong. "You saved me." The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them.

Harry's eyes widened and he stopped driving. He then suddenly looked away and shrugged. "Don't make a big deal about it. You just were unconscious in the woods. It's not like you where about to die or something." 

He had no clue what he was saying. Last night I was going to die; I knew it. That thing was going to kill me but he saved me. "Thank you." I whispered. I thought I saw Harry giving me a small nod but I guess I had imagined it because as soon as his eyes met mine again, he was the usual asshole.

"I'm no one's superhero nor guardian angel, baby." He laughed at me, but this time I felt something was behind his words. He wasn't just making fun of me. It was something else. "Everyone dies in the end, sooner or later. Isn't that part of human nature?"

"I guess so." I shrugged. "But every flower eventually dies but that doesn't mean we should kill them just because they won't last forever. Existence can be valued for it's own sake."

A smirk formed on Harry's lips and he cocked his head. "Very poetic, baby." 

I ignored his comment and looked at my watch and it was getting late. If I really wanted to go to the Santa Monica pier I should hurry up. "Yeah, anyway. Look I really have to go so do you know any taxi number I could call so I can get to the Santa Monica pier fast?"

"So you're going to the Santa Monica pier?" He smirked. Shit why did I tell him. "Hop on." Harry said. No, more like demanded.

What? Was he serious? Harry couldn't really think I was going to let him take me there. I prefer to wait until I catch a taxi or bus before going with him. Even if I have to wait until midnight. "Hell no." I said, stepping back. "I'm not going to hop on that thing. I really want to live."

"It's late and you want to get to the pier as soon as possible." He stated. "I'm your best shot, baby."

I shook my head and walked over to a bus stop that was nearby and waited for a bus. Why wasn't any bus coming? Ugh. I heard the sound of a motorcycle speeding up and then a horn. "Fine! Take me there!" Harry laughed and handed me his helmet as I hopped on. "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me." He winked and smiled at me. "I don't need it. Now hold on tight, baby." He said, turning his head to look at me. "I don't want to lose you on our way there."

"Lose me?" I asked confused. "Why would you-"

I couldn't finish what I was going to say because Harry sped overly and I almost fell. He drove like a maniac. I wanted to tell him he was going too fast but I couldn't speak. I was too afraid that at the speed we were going he might lose control of his motorcycle and... Oh God, I don't want to die. I got closer to him and tighten my grip. At first his body stiffed but then relaxed when he got used to my touch. Why did he react like that? Isn't he used to have his millions of conquest on the back of his motorcycle?

I refuse to believe I'm the first girl who has hopped on his motorcycle or ever hugged him because she was too afraid of how fast he drives. And what was up with that thing of 'I don't want to lose you'? Like come on, how many times he has used that line with all of the girl he has hooked up with.

Why am I even thinking this?

I should've called Cam to pick me up and gone back to campus. I wish I hadn't stayed more time at the beach and then had the marvellous idea of going to the pier. Now I'll probably die thanks to this manic behind the wheel. 

Please that we get there soon. I want to get off this thing.