Chapter 14

(3rd Person)

The ORC headquarters was filled with various people, most of them came willingly while one person in particular wasn't too amused about being dragged here... literally, Rias just barged into the classroom mid-lesson and basically demanded (Y/N) to come along. He would've declined... had it not been for Rias dragging him out with bewildered gazes being sent their way.

(Y/N): I wouldn't be surprised if rumours started because of that...

For some reason though, Rias and the rest of the peerage were much quieter than usual... except for Issei who was now in a crater in the floor for staring at Asia's breasts earlier; Rias was sitting in her chair by her desk with her arms crossed, not even saying a word to anyone while a gloomy expression but at the same time... confident?

Akeno wasn't trying to get (Y/N) to either hit her or fall to her seduction tactics, instead she was standing next to Rias, her hands held together in front of her while waiting patiently for something, everyone else (except for Issei still on the floor) were either sitting on or around the sofa inside the room, (Y/N) would've sat down, but he remembered what happened last time while sending a small glare Koneko's way.

And there was also a woman with grey hair and wearing what appeared to be a maid's outfit in the room, (Y/N) didn't know who she was, but the amount of power she was passively exerting wasn't anything to scoff at therefore he stayed away from the maid in the room and focused his attention on everyone a part of ORC.

(Y/N): So... this some sort of thing you guys do regularly? If so, why am I here? I made it perfectly clear I don't want to be around any of you.

(Y/N) didn't even get an answer, not even Kiba, the one who was the least fazed by his hatred for devils kept silent while looking straight ahead, again seemingly waiting for something, (Y/N) couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in concern as he stood next to Asia who was sitting next to Kiba on the sofa.

(Y/N): Hello? Any devils here who know how to use what little brainpower they have to talk? Anyone?

Asia: (Y/N), do you not know what's happening either?

(Y/N): No... all I know is that Rias wanted everyone, including me here right now, but why would...?

The human's question was both interrupted and answered when a yellow crest suddenly appeared in the room, it was a yellow colour that was unfamiliar to (Y/N) while he swore he could hear a bird screech when it appeared, and then... the owner of the teleportation circle appeared in the middle of the room.

He was a man who looked to be in his 20's, a tall devil with short blonde hair and dark blue eyes, one look at both the arrogant smile on his face as well as the clothes he wore; his white shirt under a burgundy blazer exposing his chest and the smart dress pants with smart dress shoes. It was the perfect combination of the definition of a snobby prick.

???: Rias, my darling, I've come to visit you...

(Y/N): 'Darling? Ah, this must be the one Rias wants me to either beat into submission or kill to break the marriage contract, heh, let's see how this plays out... although... why is it I feel like I've seen him somewhere before?'

The prick of a devil walked over to Rias who still had the solemn yet confident look on her face as the man approached.

Rias: I'm not yours Riser, and I never will be.

Riser: Oh? But you and I are destined to wed my love, wasn't it for the sake of the devil race that our unity be seen as soon as you were of age?

Rias: I never agreed to the marriage, father and my brother forced this onto me, had they sought my opinion on the matter as well as tell me their reasoning I might've considered it.