5| Just answer the damn question.

Let the world know why you're here
and do it with passion.

Adalynn's POV

After I eat breakfast, I run up the stairs to get ready for school. You know, I'm tired of going to school. Let's skip it! No. You suck.

Outfit:

Then I grab my backpack and walk down the stairs

Then I grab my backpack and walk down the stairs. My parents are off today, so I say goodbye to both of them in the kitchen.

"After school, we have a meeting to attend, so come directly home," My mom says.

"Got it," I yell in the garage. I get on my motorcycle and start heading to school. Once I park, I go to my locker and grab my needed books.

"Hey, do you want to get ice cream after school?" Ella asks, arriving at my locker.

"Can't. I have this meeting to go to after school..." I say, slamming my locker shut.

"Okay... I'll just ask Zane," Ella says, getting her phone out.

"What's going on between you guys?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Nothing! We're just friends!" Ella says, blushing. She's lying. She didn't look you in the eye.

"Right..." I say, not believing her.

"I gotta go to class now." She says, trying to avoid this conversation.

"Have fun in PE bitch!" I say, smirking.

"Fuck you!" She says, glaring at me.

"Love you too!" I say.

I walk into class and sit at a desk in the corner. Avoid socializing. Good job! Thanks! A few minutes later, Ms. Parker starts talking about something, but I tune her out.

"Lynn." I hear someone whisper. I ignore them and continue not to pay attention.

"Lynn," Ashton says a little louder.

I slowly glance in his direction and ask, "Oh, are you talking to me?"

He frowns and says, "Ya, I deserve that... Can I talk to you after class?"

"No need. I got the message loud and clear." I say, trying to refocus on the teacher. Maybe he has to say something important! Doubt it.

Before he can respond, Ms. Parker says, "We will be doing a little history project. I will pair you up with someone, and then you will decide what historical event to present. It can be anything from the 1600s up to now."

She continues to read her presentation, and I just wait for class to be over. The first class is always the slowest. Soon, she calls out names and says, "Adalynn... I'll pair you up with... Ashton." Why? Does she know you're mad at him?

I clench my jaw but immediately calm myself down. There's no need to be angry. I mistakenly assumed a friendship was forming and will just be polite. He doesn't want to be friends. I got it. He wants to ignore me. I'll ignore him back.

"Did you get like a weird note in your locker?" Ashton asks, forcing me to listen to him.

"Why?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Just answer the damn question." He says, annoyed.

I roll my eyes and ask, "If I did?"

"Well, we need to find out who." He says, determined.

"We?" I ask.

"Obviously, someone is trying to threaten us." He says, thinking out loud. Whoever it is, you definitely could beat them up.

I grab the piece of paper from my backpack and hand it to Ashton. His expression changes into anger, and he says, "I got one too."

"I'm sorry. I think this is my fault." He says, running a hand through his hair.

"How?" I ask, confused.

"...There's something you need-" Ashton starts to say but gets cut off by Ms. Parker. Ashton subtly hides the piece of paper and looks up.

"Have you guys picked your topic?" She asks us.

"We've narrowed it down to something in the 1900s." He lies.

She walks away, and the bell finally rings. I quickly grab my backpack and head towards the door, but Ashton grabs the back of my bag.

I twist his arm to loosen his hold and say, "Too slow, dick."

Are you not concerned about the threat? Not really. They can have him. Just leave me alone. You don't even know who they are. And I don't care. I just want to graduate and get out of here.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

When I get home, I head towards the kitchen. I make myself a bowl of Cheez-Its and scroll through my phone. My mom comes in and says, "The meeting is at 4:00, by the way." She says.

"What's this meeting about?" I ask.

"You'll find out soon." She says. Well, that's totally not weird.

An hour later, I'm inside a building, waiting for the other group to arrive. Let's see what's there to read on- No. That whole app needs Jesus. Why do I even still have it?

A few minutes later, whoever I'm supposed to meet arrives. And then I see him. What the fuck?

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading this chapter! 😄

Hope to see you in the next one! 🌙

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋