Vampires Are The Rebellious Teenager Of The Family

I was furious.

Words cannot even begin to describe how badly I wanted to kill him. And I mean that in a literal sense. I could've had a mate out there, true it wasn't likely, but it was possible. What if I found them one day? What would they do, knowing that I had chosen someone else?

Chosen.

That made him my chosen.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Choosing was unheard of in the demon world. You found your mate and then lived happily ever after, the end. But in some cases, demons who loved each other but weren't mates could become one another's chosen. Many demons saw choosing as a disgrace and the fact that Cassius was now mine ruined everything.

I stared up at him with hatred burning in my eyes.

"I will never forgive you for this," I stated, my words were sharp and decisive, but Cassius was unfazed.

"You will, give it time," he murmured and placed a hand on my hip. My lip curled in anger but it soon died away as the crushing reality of the situation fell on me. I would have to spend my life with Cassius. I would have to have children with him. I would be a prince.

Would it be so bad?

I bit my lip, I couldn't let him cloud my judgement. He took away my mate, if I even had one to begin with. But maybe this was the best option, no one else would want me. What of my mate had another mate?

I closed my eyes and pursed my lips. I wasn't going to cry.

I'm not going to cry.

I'm not going to-

I'm crying.

Tears poured out of my eyes before I could stop them. I tried for blink them away but it was like a faucet that I couldn't turn off. Cassius pulled me close to him and I just gave in. I slumped against his firm chest and sobbed.

I hated this.

I wished everything would just go back to normal, before Cassius happened. But then again, I wanted to stay with him. I wanted to have a relationship with him without all the drama. Was that too much? Did I not deserve to live happily ever after? Were all the things everyone had ever said to me true? That I was worthless, that I was made only for the pleasure of others?

But Cassius doesn't think so...

That stupid voice! I kept doubting myself, but it was true. Cassius always told me that I wasn't a whore, he told me I was worth it. And he treated my nicely. Most guys just took advantage of my needs and used me as a quickie. It was awful and degrading. But Cassius took his time and made me feel good.

Would it be so bad?...

"I'm so scared Cassius," I whispered and clung to him like he would disappear if I let go.

"I'll take care of you, I promise," the prince replied and turned off the water. He guided me out of the shower and smoothed my hair.

"Why didn't you ask me? I would've..." I gulped as he began to dry me off. "I would've said yes."

Silence.

"I was afraid," he finally murmured, "I was afraid you would say no. And you would leave me again. I can't function properly without you anymore."

"Cassius, you don't-"

"No, Alabaster, listen, I love you. Ever since I first laid eyes on you in that club. I love you more than you could imagine." He looked down at me with a raw look of adoration and love in his eyes, my breath caught in my throat.