Chapter 3

All My Children

❇❇❇

She'll walk through heaven, she'll tear through hell, you just need to make sure she loves you enough.

❇❇❇❇

The next morning, Elijah walked into Niklaus' room to talk about what they should do next about their mother and he was greeted by a sight that melted his heart.

Niklaus was sleeping peacefully on his side like a small baby, it reminded him of the early days after his baby brother was born. He looked innocent and not a trace of all the horrors he had inflicted and witnessed in the past thousand years.

But that wasn't what filled him with delight, it was the girl sitting beside him with her back against the headboard, eyes closed, slowly moving her fingers through Niklaus' hair and clutching his one hand in her own making sure that he slept peacefully.

In a matter of two days Elijah was left stunned at how much Isabelle cared for his brother. This thought made him happy that atleast there was someone Niklaus trusted. Truth be told, the raven haired witch had gained Elijah's trust because she did what he had been doing for the past thousand years-protect his family.

Isabelle slowly opened her eyes when she felt a gaze on her and was greeted with Elijah's deep brown orbs looking at her with an unreadable expression.

Elijah saw her awake and opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he saw her shake her head, asking him to be quiet pointing at Niklaus. Elijah nodded.

Isabelle slowly released her hand from Nik's grasp as she got up trying not to wake him up. She kissed his forehead and rearranged the duvet on him as Elijah watched in awe.

Niklaus and Isabelle's relationship was so beautiful and pure that it was almost as if they were related by blood. He knew that his brother was worth saving no matter what he did, and maybe Isabelle had seen that too. He admired the eldest Gilbert for that because not many could see the light in his brother.

Isabelle turned to him and motioned him to follow her outside quietly as she shut the door behind her.

"I knew Nik would have a nightmare, that's why I had to stay. Hope that's not an issue?" Isabelle spoke when they were a bit away from Niklaus' room, glancing at the handsome man beside her.

"Oh, no, it's definitely not a problem-mi casa es su casa." Elijah said with a cheeky grin and a perfect accent.

Isabelle laughed heartily at that while Elijah watched in admiration as her laugh echoed around him in harmony.

"You want some coffee?" Elijah asked as he looked at her with a charming smile which made the heat rise in her cheeks.

"Y-yeah I would like that." Isabelle stuttered, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear and smiled at him.

Elijah smiled as he turned towards the kitchen.

Ugh. What's wrong with you, Isabelle? Stuttering? Seriously! Get a grip. Isabelle cursed herself as she slowly followed Elijah into the kitchen.