4: wake up call

"My rose-colored boy..."

-

-

I had a dream I was falling.

The ground beneath me crumbled at my feet.

I was walking with Lip through the field where we watched the meteor shower after my stint in rehab. It was where he told me he didn't want me. Where he told me he wasn't ready to trust me again.

The details were the same. The grass still smelt damp, and the air was cool with a breeze that rose the peach fuzz on my arms. Only the stars were shinning in the abyss of the darkness. I had the same butterflies in my stomach, with a heart that was beating a mile. I could feel the warmth of Lip's body radiating mine in the cool air, heating up my cheeks with a blazing blush.

The only thing that was different was his face.

It was hazy. The smile he wore was almost crippled, like it was being washed away in the haze that blurred his face. The blue hue in his eyes were drowning away like they were stuck in the eye of the storm – waiting for disaster to strike. I didn't notice at first. He held my hand and brushed my knuckles with his thumb. But then I looked at him and he opened his mouth yet nothing came out. The instinct to run rushed through me, but I couldn't move. My feet were frozen. Then he tried to kiss me. He leaned in, and although I was terrified and confused, I could still feel his heart in his breath. He was still there, yet a million miles away.

Right before his blurred lips touched mine, the ground cracked open underneath where I was standing. My distorted boy reached for my hand and once he held me, I sighed and a relieved smile began to form. Then his expression quickly changed...and he let go.

He watched me fall into the darkness.

And the last thing I saw was his drowning blues.

Just as I was about to hit the mysterious rock-bottom, something tickled my abdomen. It was persistent and soft. I snapped open my eyes and a surprised gasp that felt trapped in my lungs escaped. I squinted my eyes at the sudden brightness of my room. The sun glared from my windows with no justice from my supposed-to-be blackout curtains. It was morning.

A weight on the lower-half of my body shifted, followed by another feathery tickle on my abdomen. I wiped the light sweat off my brow, shaking the dream from my thoughts before pulling the blankets off the rest of my body, revealing a messy-haired boy kissing the naked skin of my lower stomach.

His eyes looked up at me with a smirk before planting a light kiss above my bikini line. The light feeling of his lips sent shivers down my spine and fuzzies in my stomach. All the previous anxiety that bubbled in my stomach was washed away with a ting of excitement.

"Morning, pretty girl," He mumbled sweetly while each syllable of his lips brushed up against my skin.

I sighed deep from my stomach, and suppressed a smile. "You woke me up."