55.

Quick A/N before we get started: Cecilia Martins is the business man's wife who they had over to dinner a few nights ago. She spilled all her secrets to Amaya in the last chapter during the ball. Thought I'd fill you in because a lot of people have commented wondering who she was. Alrighty. Happy reading!!

3rd Person POV:

Cecilia Martins felt guilt immediately rise in her stomach as she watched the scene from a random third story bedroom. Amaya Dawson, the poor girl whom she had met just yesterday, was hastily climbing into her new car and tearing out of the driveway. Luckily she managed to avoid several expensive vehicles along the way.

Cecilia knew the whole thing was her fault. Amaya and Theo breaking up was all on her, but it's not like she had a choice. She had been set up.

"You did well." A voice sounded out in the dark room from behind her. The devilish speech immediately sent shivers down her spine. The person soundlessly walked from the door to stop right beside her.

"I don't care about my performance." She moved away from the evil person as quickly as she could. She shifted to  stand at the other side of the room. "I did what you told me to. Now are you going to finish your end of the deal?"

Without saying a word the person held out a large envelope stuffed so full with dollar bills it was about to burst. "It should all be there. Enough to cover the divorce attorney, and then some to live on. It's the amount we agreed on and if I may say so myself, it's more than generous."

"Just shut up and give me what you owe me." Cecilia said and took no time in ripping the money-packed envelope from the person's hands.

Her employer chuckled at her hasty actions. "Someone's feisty today. Be careful, Cece. You don't know half of who you're dealing with."

Being called Cece had been a real low blow. That was the one nickname her lover had called her and she had always adored it. But having the sweet name come from this vile creature's mouth had almost ruined the name for her all together. "I know enough. You are just the worst person I know, Camilla. What could that sweet girl have possibly done to make you hate her so much?"

Camilla's demeanor had changed completely from joking to serious and bitter. Cecilia knew immediately it was time for her to get away.

"That is none of your business. Now go. You have a lawyer to call, don't you?" Camilla shooed her out of the room as she continued to watch the brand new Range Rover bolt out of the long driveway.

Theo's POV:

I stayed in my room for what felt like the longest time ever. I just stood there staring at my door, waiting for a certain red dress to swish its way through the entrance.

But time passed and as time kept passing, my eyes continued to glance down at my Rolex. Ten minutes turned to twenty, and twenty turned to sixty. Sure, the Thompson house was packed to its capacity, but there was no way it would take a whole hour for her to find me.

My first emotion was concern. Where could she be? Was she alright?

I bolted from the room and my pace picked up as I trekked along the path that led downstairs. My expensive black dress shoes had never seen such speed. With my mother around, I wondered if Amaya was in any danger. My mother was almost always a terrible person, but she would never physically hurt Mya, would she?

As I made it to the top center of the grand staircase, I overlooked the guests mingling below but still no extravagant ruby dress. Just a sea of every color but the one I was trying so desperately trying to find. I hurried down the steps, and began to scramble to find at least one person who had seen her lately.