03

Chapter Three | Cry baby

Babies.

They're Gods gift to the world. Their laughter lights up a room and their smiles can calm even the meanest grinch. With skins as smooth as satin and chunky bodies that resembles a marshmallow, it's hard to be mad at them.

Much to my dismay my bundle of joy screamed all night and day. There wasn't a single hour in twenty four that wasn't marred by cries. No matter what I did the damn thing wouldn't shut up. I rocked it, changed it, and even feed it and the damn thing still wouldn't be quiet.

I probably had about four breakdowns last night, and only managed to get about three hours of sleep. I woke up damn near brain dead. I felt numb. My eyes opened, my eyelashes faintly batting against my lids when I blinked. I laid off the edge of my bed, debating whether or not I should get up. My muscles felt weak, just like my energy. I let out an exasperated sigh, groaning as I rolled off of the white -colored bed I had been occupying.

I looked up to see the doll still laying down on the fake bed I fixed for it which only consisted of a bean bag chair, a few pillows, some blankets. My mother suggested I let it sleep with me, but I've seen most of the haunted doll slasher films and I'm not about to set myself up to be murdered.

It didn't take too long to get dressed. After taking a needed hot shower, and brushing my teeth I had about ten minutes until I had to walk out the door. Dashing over to my closet I picked out a simple outfit before I made my way downstairs to see my mother in the kitchen still in her robe.

    "Good morning Wynter," She greeted louder than usual and I jumped. It wasn't until a few seconds later that I realized she had her ears stuffed with cotton balls.

I raised my brows up at her. She stuffed her ears last night because of all the crying. Smart woman.

     "He isn't crying any more." I said.