My oxygen

Chapter 43: My Oxygen

Arnav's POV-

I slowly open my eyes and stretch my arms. Like usual day, the first thing I do, to see the angelic face of my khushi. I spread my arms to embrace her, calling out her name only to sense opposite end empty. I shot my eyes open and found her absent. A sudden fear arise within my chest.. Millions of thought came across my mind in just one fraction.

Khushi? I call her name but i scream as my eyes widen by the sight.

She is laying on the floor unconscious through her stomach. I feel my knees weaken.

My entire world came crashing.

Did my baby.?

Quickly, i ran to her and took her into my lap, crushing her against me.. But what did shock me the look on her face. Although she was unconscious, but the vulnerability on her face was clearly visible. It scared me hell out of it. I have no idea what's wrong with her and how she end up falling down.

'Khushi..khush..iii..you okay..please open your eyes..say something..'' I patted her cheeks in a ray of hope only to receive her dead silence.

Ananya who just arrived from mandir heard my scream. She ran toward my room and get shocked seeing Khushi's state.

Within 5 minutes Ambulance reached, carrying my angel body. I tried to hide my eyes as you know beast can't cry while Ananya accused me for being so irresponsible and careless. She is not wrong, i failed to protect my Khushi. If anything happened to her and baby, how i'm going to face myself?.

As soon as we reached hospital, she was taken to ICU as Doctor said her condition is critical and there are chances of saving only one between mother and child.

I stepped back by the doctor's word. Tears of pain flow from my eyes.

'Please Khushi..don't go..my life is nothing without you. It can't be..''

Nearly an hour passed, she was in the operation theater and operation is still going on. Anjali and Aman rushed to the hospital after Ananya informed him. Anjali remain quiet and did not once look at me.

I ignore her as my attention only on Khushi. While Aman keep pacifying her being by her side holding her hand. Entire family is desperately waiting for any news.

Ananya felt bad seeing his condition, she carried her hand to place on his shoulder wanted to sooth him but the memory of past internally stop her and she eventually take back her hand, moving her gaze back to Khushi from outside.

I waited in the lobby crying, shivering and shaking when i heard a crying voice of baby. I felt my eyes get moist as the crying get louder.

''Arnav..did you hear..Our khushi deliver a baby..oh my god I just can't believe i become massi..'' She smiled affectionately hugging me from behind. While Anjali and Aman too felt extremely happy.

Aman urge her to go and meet her brother. May be her one word of assurance will help him to let this rough phas pass by. She wondered with her heart bleeded by his misery, who is standing few inches away alone and restless.

Her heart began to swell seeing him broken. Reluctantly, Anjali proceed and about to place her hand on his shoulder but the sight of Khushi in operation theater stop her and she step back. Doctor is still in operation theatre while Nurse come out breaking the news of her successfully delivering baby girl.

I turn my face back hiding my tears from everone when nurse came out holding a tiny figure of a little angel wrapped in a white sheet. I saw her from few inches away, my legs get heavy.