Seven

Raelynn and Cecilia were sitting together on one of the picnic tables in the Auradon grounds. The sun glistened down into them, Zivon was perched happily on Rae's shoulder as he always was and Rae had her mother's frying pan beside her. They were just chatting away.

"You are so boy crazy I'm surprised you haven't had a boyfriend." Rae laughed at the blonde girl. Ceci shrugged.

"I'm waiting for my prince. And so far he hasn't shown up," she said. She propped her chin on her fist. "None of these guys seem to want to deal with the 'crazy chick' who 'has hallucinations.'" she said, with air quotation marks.

"I'm sure you'll find him soon." Rae assured her best friend. "Someone who can deal with your craziness as much as I can."

"What about you?" Ceci asked.

"Eh. I'm not really interested in finding a prince. I'll find him when I find him I guess." Rae shrugged. "But I'm in no rush like most other princesses."

"I have a feeling yours is going to show up before mine," Ceci admitted. "But what about the new guy? Tell me everything!" Rae rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing to tell apart from he was a dickhead."

"You wound me, flower." came a voice from the trees, and out stepped Greyson.

"Great..." Rae muttered, closing her eyes. "Juuuuuuust great... only telling the truth."

"If you say so," he said and turned his attention to Ceci. "Greyson Gothel, son of Madame Gothel. I go by Grey though. And you are?"

"Cecilia, Daughter of Alice" Ceci replied, a bit more quietly than normal.

"Wow this is the first time I've heard her actually quiet." Rae commented. Ceci turned red. "Shut up..."

"Awwwhhh cute." Rae teased. "Seems like someone has their eye on you. There, something to boost your huge ego." she said, looking up at Grey. Grey smirked

"My ego isn't the only thing that's huge."

"Oh my god." Rae shook her head. "You're definitely from the Isle." she muttered, rolling her eyes. "But I have doubts. Probably tiny."

"You want to find out?" Grey raised his eyebrows.

"Fuck off." Rae snapped. "No. Nope. Never."

"Lying is bad, flower." retorted Grey.

"Swearing is bad. Especially for a princess. Do I care? Fuck no. Even still, I wasn't lying though." Rae rolled her eyes again.

"You believe what you want, flower." Grey smirked.

"I'm going to fucking hit him with this frying pan..." Rae muttered, looking across at Ceci, who grabbed Rae's arm.

"Don't. Remember what happened last time you did that. I don't want you to get suspended again." Ceci pleaded. Rae took a deep breath.

"Go." she muttered, clearly addressing Greyson.

"I'm good here" he said, but moved to Ceci's side. "Tell me, what is there to do for fun here?" he addressed the blonde.

"Well, my favourite place is the library, but you don't seem the type to read. Do you even know how to? Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." Ceci exclaimed

"Yes I do." Grey said, not at all offended.

"There's also fencing, and many other things to do." Ceci added.

"Well I think if his mother's decent enough to teach my mother to read I think she'd teach her own child, C." Rae commented. Grey suddenly looked down.

"She didn't teach me. Jay taught me..." he muttered.

"Oh..." Rae said, not really knowing what to say to that. "I'm sorry... I'll just. I'll go. See you back at the dorm, C..." she mumbled, picking up her frying pan and standing up.

"Don't." said Greyson, getting up. "See you two around." he spun and left.

"I swear people would think I'm the VK..." Rae said, sitting back down.

"What just happened?" Ceci asked.

"Honestly. I don't even know." Rae sighed. "I'm going to go find him and apologise... it's his first day here and I'm being really bitchy and judgmental. It's not right." she stood up.

"I thought you hated him." Ceci teased. Rae didn't even roll her eyes.

"Like you said. He's not his mother, and I am still a princess. The right thing to do is apologise."

"Sure..." Ceci nodded slowly.  Rae rolled her eyes this time.

"I'll see you later C." she said as she walked off into the trees to search for Greyson. It didn't take very long for him to come into view. "Grey..." Rae called out. "Wait, please." Grey stopped and turned around.

"What?"

"I... I just wanted to apologise." Rae stuttered.

"Really? Not to rub it in or anything?" Grey said aggressively. "Look, leave me alone."

"I'm trying to be nice to you here. You probably haven't experienced much of that." Rae sighed.

"Nice? Please," Grey laughed. "Nice excuse that's what that is."

"I'm trying here." Rae said, agitated. "Look I get it, it's hard for you. Don't you think it's hard for me having the son of the woman who imprisoned and kidnapped my mother for her hair and stabbed my dad to suddenly be here?"

"How do you think it is for me, seeing the daughter of the couple that are the reason I grew up in a shithole?" Grey growled. "Seeing the daughter of the woman who my mother probably loved more than me? Being here," he gestured around. "Where I don't belong."

"Yeah well that's something I couldn't help. Just like you couldn't help what your mother is. All of this happened because of a dumb healing flower." Rae said, then pausing. "I can't say I understand where you're coming from because I don't. And I really am sorry. You know, Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay didn't belong when they first got here. But now they belong more than I do. You can belong too." Rae hesitantly reached out and touched his arm.

"None of us belong here." he snapped and pulled his arm away. He started walking away again.

"Raelynn." she said simply. "If you won't accept my apology, at least accept my name." Greyson stopped, turned around and stared at her for a second. Then, shaking his head, went on his way.

*

Raelynn had begun to walk through the forests, alone and peaceful, just collecting her thoughts. She soon began to sing again, she would only do it when alone. Cecilia had heard her, but even that was an accident, and Ben had before. And... Greyson had.

"Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine," she sang, her melodic voice echoing through the trees. "Heal what has been hurt, change the fate's design, save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine..." She continued to sing her mother's song, weaving in and out of trees. It relaxed her.

Greyson was startled by the sudden singing. However, he saw this as a perfect situation for some revenge, and the start to execute his plan to get the VKs back home.