Twelve

Bump.

"RAE!"

Bump.

"RAE!"

Bump.

"WAKE UP RAE!"

Bump.

"I MISSED YOU!"

Bump. Rae started to stir and rolled over,  pulling her pillow over her head.

"Too early..." she grumbled. THUD.

"Ouch!" Cecilia's voice groaned. Rae sat up and threw her pillow at Ceci.

"You're an idiot." she muttered, groggily, stretching.

"Can't I say hi to my best friend who left me all alone?"  Ceci said, very dramatically.

"Oh shut up you drama queen." Rae rolled her eyes, sitting up. "Did you have to wake me up though?" she complained. "I didn't get back until late last night..." she glanced at her frying pan, which was positioned on her bedside table with the sleeping Zivon in it.

"Yes I did!" Ceci exclaimed. "I haven't seen you in FOR-E-VER!"

"Two days, C, two days." Rae laughed.

"It felt like two months!"

"You are so dramatic honestly, C." Rae said, getting up and throwing her long brown hair up into a ponytail. "What did you do while I was gone?" she asked curiously.

"I was bored," Ceci complained. "But SO MUCH has happened."

"Really? So you'll have a lot to tell me then." Rae said, picking up her dress and looking at where it had visibly been torn, and instantly dropped it to the floor. "I'm gonna need to see Evie... I need a new dress." she muttered. Suddenly, loud voices filled the hallways.

"Jeez what the hell is going on out there?" Rae raised her eyebrows and opened the door to see what was going on. "Can you shut up?! It's too early!" Rae called out. Down the hallway, a crowd had formed around the door to Evie and Mal's room. There was arguing going on inside that could be heard.

"I didn't do anything!" came a shriek from the inside.

"Was that Evie?" Ceci asked.

"Jeez." Rae muttered. "I don't know but I'm going to find out." she said as she paraded out of her room and pushed through the crowd to get into Evie and Mal's room, shutting the door behind her. Inside the room, Mal was being held back by Jay and Ben while Evie was stood teary eyed in front of Fairy Godmother, who was holding Evie's heart necklace.

"Excuse me for interrupting..." Rae cleared her throat. "But what the hell is going on? Why does Mal look like she's about to go dragon mode and why is Evie crying?"

"THAT'S BECAUSE I AM!" Mal roared as Ben tried wrapping her into a hug but failed.

"Mal, I need you to calm down before you destroy the room!" Ben cried. Rae raised her eyebrows.

"What's happening? Can someone please explain?"

"Mal you need to calm down..." Jay said softly, keeping his grip on her arm tight as her eyes glowed bright green.

"I CAN'T JUST CALM DOWN!" the purple haired girl yelled.

"Mal, you are already in detention for a week, don't make me suspend you," Fairy Godmother warned harshly. "Evie, we found your necklace in the kitchen in between all the broken counter doors. As well as covered in flour. " Fairy Godmother explained, holding out the necklace. "I thought you children had changed."