Chapter 38, The big reveal

I hate Xavier

I hate Xavier.

I hate Xavier with everything I am and I'll make sure he pays for what he has done. I swear to God I will rip his fucking scrotum off with a bloody grappling hook if I must.

"Uhm, Amber, you're going to break that mug," someone says and snaps me out of my fantasies of how fun it would be to murder Xavier while he's wide awake and I can see the life leave his eyes and-

"Amber?" the person asks again.

I look up and it's Calvin.

"Sorry," I say, because I really don't know what else works.

"I don't mean to be insensitive and all, but... you haven't touched your coffee," he says.

"Sorry," I repeat.

"So... if you're not gonna drink your coffee... Like, can I get your biscuits?" Calvin asks.

I look up and his face is completely serious.

I hand him the biscuits.

Feeling a cold draft coming from the giant window, I try scooting closer to the hearth, wrapping myself in the sweater Blake gave me. I hate wearing something from the guy, but my golden dress is completely ripped and now I'm wearing his over-sized sweater, his boxers... and well, at least some long, warm socks that I'm guessing is also his.

"We have good news and bad news," the doctor says when he finally steps into the living room and everyone immediately stands.

Me, Jessy, Calvin (with about three biscuits in his mouth), Blake, Jack and more surprisingly... the East's inner gang. Except for Matt of course... I can't even start to think about poor Matt without wanting to bawl my eyes out again.

"Yes?" Blake asks the doctor.

"Is Liam alright?" Jessy adds.

The doctor sighs. "Liam is fine. He can't do any physical activities for a week or so, but Lynch... I hate being the bearer of bad news - especially among people who can shoot me, but... It was a delicate operation, so please understand that I did the best I could do and-"