Chapter 75

Warning!
This chapter is going to be long as hell. I'll be waiting to see all the comments.
And please
Don't cry😏

I stared at Christofer's sleeping form and wondered about what happened half an hour ago. Chris was badly sick. I was more than sure that he had some type of health issues that he was keeping from us.

I gazed at our connected hands and instinctively caressed his fingers. I scoffed at my own stupidity. I was shedding tears over a man I claimed to have no feelings for. Who was I kidding? I definitely had feelings for him. I tightened my hold on his fingers and sniffed. Slowly, I moved my hand away from him and took off the washcloths off of him.

I went to the bathroom as I rewashed them and brought fresh ones. I placed the washcloths. I checked his pulse, making sure his heartbeat was normal. I knew that what I was about to do was wrong but I had to do it. Chris was right.

If Isabella or Felix knew that he was sick they'd go crazy. And that was the last thing we needed. Knowing Chris, if he did have some type of problems the chance of him telling us what it is would turn to zero if they were involved too. I was willing to lie until he'd tell me what was wrong with him.

I walked out of the room and silently closed the door. I went downstairs where Felix and Isabella were sitting on the couch. Vincent was in the kitchen.

"Morning, Gabriella," He said. I smiled at him. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Guess who finally woke up!" Felix laughed as he put an arm around me. I rolled my eyes. Isabella gave me a wink.

"Morning, guys," I said. They all nodded.

"Have you seen Chris?" Isabella asked me. Immediately I felt my stomach flutter in nervousness. I couldn't tell them the truth.

"Actually I saw him early in the morning. He said he was busy and had to leave for the night." I said, causing Isabella to frown.

"He didn't tell me anything about it," Felix said.

"Well, he did tell me it was urgent. It had something to do with the houses. He told me to tell you guys that he had to leave, plus he asked you to take care of everything here" I told Felix. He nodded.

"You were late for breakfast so we left you some waffles," Isa said. I smiled as I felt my stomach groan. But I immediately shook the thought off.  I couldn't eat while Chris was sick and not eating anything.

"Actually I'm not feeling so well. I should go lay down" I lied. Isabella frowned.

"Are you okay?" Felix asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah it's just-" I started to talk.

"You got your period didn't you?" Felix stopped me. I furrowed my brows.

"Yeah, exactly. I just want to lay down" I said, standing up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Isabella asked me. I felt extremely guilty but I had to blow her off. I couldn't risk her seeing Chris.

"No. I'll just take a nap" I muttered apologetically. Nonetheless, she smiled and turned away. I sent them a smile as I went back up. I opened the door to his room and stepped in. I breathed out when I saw that he was still sleeping.

I moved towards him as I sat down on the edge of his bed. I removed the washcloth from his forehead as I checked his fever. It seemed to go down a bit. I refreshed the washcloths and placed them back.

I sat down next to him as my mind wondered off about everything we've been through. I could remember the very first time I saw him. I could still hear the warning in my head as he promised to make me fall in love with him.