Chapter 15

.

- Luke -

I wanted to kiss her, so badly. I don't know why I had the sudden urge to.

I thought she was about to kiss me when she was looking right at my lips, but she was just curious about a piercing.

She walks inside with me, Belle staying in the car.

"Diana!" I hear Belle call.

She turns around questioningly.

"I need to talk to you later, alright? It's important."

"Okay. Thank you again." She replies.

Belle smiles, waving us off before backing off the driveway and out of sight.

"Luke, what happened?" Calum's eyes widened at the sight of me as I cleared my throat.

The three looked at me curiously.

"I--"

"There was just some trouble with people who were picking on me." Diana sighed. "It's fine." Her voice slightly shook.

"Picking on you? Who?" Ashton frowned, continuing to push the situation further. "Diana, are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course I am." She nods, smiling weakly before she takes my wrist into her light grasp, pulling me into the kitchen.

"The songs, I--"

"Diana, it's okay. I still have the ideas in my head. We can do something about it."

She sighed, nodding. "Here let me get something for your lip."

.

.

She tosses me a bag of frozen peas, as I put the cold thing on my face.

"Diana?" I say, stopping her from pacing back and forth nervously.

She looks at me sadly, as I walk over to her, just taking her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry."

"Hey, stop apologizing for like two seconds alright?" I chuckled, glancing at her.

Diana sighs. "That was dreadful."

There was a silence as I still have her in my arms. Looking down at her, the words left my mouth before I could even process what I was doing.

"Why didn't you kiss me?''

That was definitely the wrong thing to say..

"I.. I didn't want to kiss you." She muttered. "Well.. Maybe I did, but it wasn't the right time. It isn't right, Luke."

"What do you mean it isn't right?" I shook my head in confusion. "I-I don't know if you noticed at all, but I like you.''

"You can't, Luke.'' She spoke sadly, looking at me with soft eyes.

"Wh-what am I doing wrong?" I sighed, closing my eyes.

"It isn't you okay, please. It's.. It's me." Diana's voice shook vigorously, telling me that there was definitely something up.

"If you think that I still.. I still have something against you, I don't alright? I realized that you're different, that's all there is to it. Different is good."

"You don't understand Luke, I'm sorry.'' She mutters, a single tear streaming down her face.

"Is it that.. You don't see me in that way?"

"No, I.. I don't know." She gulped, shaking her head. "I've just never felt this way before, and I don't know what to do."

Just by the look on her face, I knew there wasn't something she was telling me. I had to get to the bottom of it.