Chapter 1: He's Back!

#46
Yes, It was a beautiful evening. With the lights dazzling and the music caressing your soul, it was an evening to remember... If it weren't for Aman's niggles I'd have danced with him all night...
~ Aavya, on the night after her senior ball.

❋❋❋

" A Dance?" He asked lending his hand. It was a special ball night slash farewell party for the senior students.

" Really? I thought you didn't dance..." She whispered with a wry smile.

" Only a fool would let his chance of dancing with such a pretty maiden go waste. And I, Ms Rose can assure you, am no fool." He replied.

" May I?" He offered again. This time she took it willingly.

" Oh, Shut Up, Aman... Formal doesn't suit you. We have waited for this night for so long." She punched him in his stomach and at the same time squeezing his hand, tight.

" Rosie... You look amazing... " He mumbled in her ear.

" You don't you so bad yourself and I will kill you if you forget the steps, Aman... I want to win, desperately. I want to defeat that twin arrogant brother of yours. I want to rip his condescending smile off... "

" Easy, Tiger. Violent much?" She glared at him

" Hmmm... But... " He drawled," Looks like Zeehan didn't find a date..." Aman whirled Rose on his finger as she put her hand on his chest.

" Nah! He's still a Junior, can't expect him to. Besides, I know he is too slow to make the first move. Kyle's got one... " They looked towards their friend who was all in smiles with a pretty brown haired girl.

That's the best part. When your parents are friends with your friends' parents and all happen to be best friends, you know lovely it is to be in the same school. It is like an extended family.

" Aman... We are going to the same university, right?" She asked.

" You doubt, Rosie... You know how much I love you...." She giggled as he said that, mentally counting how many times he had mentioned that entire day.

" I know..." She kissed his cheeks as the song changed.

It was their favourite one, their song.

🎶 I found a love for me, Darling just dive right in, And follow my lead. 🎵

Aman whirled her again as her face glowed.

🎶 Well, I found a girl beautiful and sweet,
I never knew you were someone waiting for me, 🎵

🎶'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own 🎵

Looking right in each other's eyes, they knew they were each other's first love, promised to be their last one.

🎶And in your eyes, you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath🎵

They swayed to the soft music, with Rose rested her cheeks against his chest savouring the sweet moments hoping, praying for them to last forever. If she could, she would have paused the time right then and there.